UPDATE MAY 25 – 2 P.M .: In updated numbers, This Is Us ' series finale bumped up to a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and 6.4 million viewers.
Per NBC , the finale marked the series' best demo rating since November 10, 2020 and the highest total viewership since November 17, 2020. Since debuting in 2016, This Is Us has been the top broadcast drama every season. The sixth and final chapter of the Dan Fogelman drama ranked as the #1 entertainment broadcast series with a 1.54 demo rating in L+7 through 16 episodes.
Beyond TV ratings , the finale also generated 1.5 million social media interactions across platforms including Twitter and Instagram, the most of any scripted series finale of the season, NBC added.
PREVIOUS MAY 25 – 10 A.M. : The emotional and time-skipping saga of NBC's This Is Us concluded after six seasons on Tuesday evening. To make the series' final chapter even sweeter, the last moments of the Pearson family undeniably ruled primetime ratings.
The series finale, simply titled "Us," delivered an impressive 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and more than 6 million viewers. Only building on the previous weeks' traction, This Is Us went out with a bang with its ratings besting that of its season premiere in January (1.0, 5.26M). The final episode also topped the Season 5 finale by four-tenths in the demo and nearly one million viewers . For comparison, This Is Us debuted in 2016 to a 2.8 demo rating and 10 million viewers. Six seasons, multiple changes in the television landscape and a pandemic later, This Is Us remained a ratings juggernaut for NBC. Read how the network wrapped up the family drama and what creator Dan Fogelman had to say about potential spinoffs.
While This Is Us was the headline event for NBC, the network also bid farewell to Young Rock and New Amsterdam . In the preceding hour, Young Rock had a two-episode sendoff (avg. rating 0.4, 2.26M) that was up from the previous week in both measures. The Dwayne Johnson origin comedy has been renewed for a third season. At 10 p.m., New Amsterdam (0.5, 3.49M) got a nice boost from This Is Us to win its hour. Both those NBC titles were stable in the demo from their season premieres.
Also wrapping up some of its primetime series was CBS, which bid farewell to the current seasons of FBI: International (0.4, 5.13M) and FBI: Most Wanted (0.4, 4.58M). Both those series dipped from the previous week and their Fall 2021 season premieres.
Fox brought Name That Tune to a close with a stable two-hour episode (0.3, 1.73M).
Beyond the finales of Tuesday primetime, ABC touted a slightly up Holey Moley (0.5, 2.84M) and The Chase (0.3, 2.02M). The CW was in repeats.
Wednesday has even more finales in store with the season enders of Survivor and NBC's OneChicago slate. Fox debuts MasterChef: Back to Win .
- Line of Duty fans are convinced series seven could begin soon - here's why
- DWP update as £326 cost of living payment date confirmed - when will you get yours?
- Economic Survey 2021 updates | India’s GDP is estimated to contract by 7.7%
- Charlie Radnedge’s awkward lap dance fails to impress during Love Island’s infamous heart rate challenge
- Mary Mara death updates — ER and Star Trek star dies at 61 after drowning in river as her career highlights are revealed
- Fake bank accounts and pension schemes warning as millions of Britons fall victim to scams
- Derbyshire, Glamorgan register final-day wins
- Meet the erotic roleplayers making a living in Final Fantasy 14's own mini-Vegas
- India vs Ireland: Deepak Hooda, Umran Malik Shine As India Clinch Series 2-0 vs Ireland | Cricket News
- Jan 6. Hearing Live Updates: Witness tampering a "serious problem" for Trump
- Brutal TV game shows - solitary confinement, torture chambers and plastic surgery
- Prince Charles news – Future king in SERIOUS trouble and risks trashing Queen Elizabeth’s incredible legacy
- National Insurance alert: Rishi Sunak's £3,631 'secret tax raid' set to 'crush' Britons
- It’s Quinta Brunson’s World and We’re All Just Laughing in It
- Dominic Raab winks at Angela Rayner when accusing her of ‘champagne socialism’
- ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ At $668M+ Sinks ‘Titanic’ & Looks To Take Out ‘Infinity War’ Next; ‘355’ DOA $4M+
- Obi-Wan's Disney Plus success may be bad news for Star Wars
- Nvidia DLSS Became Must-Have PC Gaming Tech | Digital Trends
- Ekin-Su Culculoglu and Danica Taylor wreak havoc at recoupling and dumping looms – Love Island episode 24 talking points
- Best Nintendo Switch game deals on Amazon (and elsewhere) ahead of Amazon Prime Day
‘This Is Us’ Series Finale Grows To 6.4 Million Total Viewers, 1.3 Demo Rating – Update have 723 words, post on deadline.com at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.