Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s defamation trial is getting uglier with each passing day. After hearing the testimony of Amber Heard’s sister Whitney, Depp’s legal team will reportedly be calling British model Kate Moss to testify this week in the Depp-Heard trial. A source close to the actor told Yahoo Entertainment that Moss will be appearing in the court via video call.
For the unversed, earlier while recalling an incident during her testimony, Amber Heard had said, “I see my little sister with her back to the staircase … I don’t hesitate, I don’t wait, I just instantly think of Kate Moss and stairs and I swung at him.” Well, rumours stated that Johnny Depp had pushed Kate Moss down a flight of stairs.
Celebrity Lawyer Chris Melcher explained to the portal that Heard herself opened the door for Depp’s team to bring Kate on as a witness. Melcher further said, “Amber did not tell the jury what she meant by her reference to Kate. It appears Amber is claiming that Johnny pushed Kate down the stairs and that is why Amber reacted by punching Johnny on the stairs. There is a right to use force in the defense of another if there is a reasonable belief that force is needed, and a reasonable amount of force is used to overcome the threat.”
The lawyer further stated that Amber Heard’s story about why she hit Johnny Depp has been contradicted by the security guard who witnessed the entire incident, and said that the actress’ punch was unprovoked.
For the unversed, Johnny Depp and Kate Moss were in a relationship in the late 90s. After being in a relationship for three years, they parted ways in 1997. After all the drama, fans are eager to know what will happen next with the famous defamation case.
- Inside Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's divorce from severed finger to 'poo on bed'
- Johnny Depp gets court date in bid to appeal against Amber Heard 'wife beater' ruling
- Was Johnny Depp's ex-wife Amber Heard ‘fired from Aquaman 2 after failing physical exam'?
- Amber Heard Drags LAPD Further Into $50M Legal Battle With Johnny Depp, Subpoenas Cops Over 2016 Domestic Disturbance
- Johnny Depp ex-wife Amber Heard was ‘excited to get started’ on Aquaman 2
- Amber Heard hit by rumours she's been 'fired from Aquaman 2' after petition hits 1.8 million
- Johnny Depp slams cancel culture before receiving honorary award amid Amber Heard battle
- Amber Heard subpoenas LAPD records over a 2016 incident with ex-husband Johnny Depp amid his $50M defamation suit against her
- Amber Heard works out while clutching her baby as she praises her 'multitasking'
- Johnny Depp: Alice Cooper on why Pirates star is in his band - 'Not just eye candy'
- Johnny Depp blasts cancel culture as he compares movement to ‘polluted air’ amid Amber Heard legal battle
- Amber Heard teases Aquaman 2 return after Mera spin-off rumours
- Johnny Depp: 'Not one of you' is safe with 'cancel culture'
- Johnny Depp's Pirates of the Caribbean follow-up film includes ‘Oscar worthy’ performance
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6: Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow 'will be made fun of' in new film
- Inside Elon Musk’s complicated relationships from recent ex Grimes to Amber Heard and Westworld actress Talulah Riley
- Johnny Depp: Pirates of the Caribbean star ‘pushing to work on Tim Burton sequel’
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Johnny Depp 'lost millions' after second and third Disney films
- Johnny Depp's rarely-seen son Jack is spitting image of his dad in candid snap
- Johnny Depp Says 'No One Is Safe' Against Cancel Culture: 'It's So Far Out of Hand'
Kate Moss To Testify In Johnny Depp’s Trial Against Amber Heard have 583 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.