Former TLC star Josh Duggar was sentenced to 151 months — or about 12 1/2 years — in prison on Wednesday after he was convicted of receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material, the Associated Press reports.
Duggar was facing up to 20 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines. Prosecutors had pushed for the maximum sentence, but the possession charge was dropped after an agreement between Duggar's legal team and the court; he was subsequently only sentenced for receiving child pornography. Duggar maintained his innocence in court and vowed to appeal, According to the AP .
Duggar was arrested in April and pleaded not guilty to charges of receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material. After an eight-day trial in December — during which prosecutors presented evidence that he had repeatedly downloaded and viewed child sexual abuse material from a hidden part of his work computer in May 2019 — the jury found him guilty on both counts.
In May 2021, a federal agent testified that more than 60 images of child pornography were discovered on Duggar's computer, depicting images and videos of children ranging form 18 months to 10 years old.
Duggar, who previously starred on the since-canceled TLC hit 19 Kids and Counting with his family, previously faced a child molestation scandal related to his conduct as a teenager. In May 2015, a 2006 police report surfaced and revealed that he had been investigated as a teen for inappropriately touching five underage girls, reports AP . Two of his sisters subsequently stepped forward as two of the victims. At the time, Duggar publicly apologized for his "wrongdoing."
Duggar has yet to publicly address his conviction or sentencing.
- Man jailed for 10 years for raping 12-year-old girl
- Former pop star Gary Glitter sentenced to 16 years for child sex offences
- Spare the rod, spoil the child approach scar Vietnamese children
- Vietnam teacher arrested for impregnating 14-year-old girl
- USA Gymnastics doctor gets up to 175 years as abuse victims applaud
- Olympic gymnastics star Raisman demands probe of Nassar abuse
- Glitter may face child sex charges at home: report
- ‘Black market bank’ Liberty Reserve officer gets 5 years
- Int'l press coming for Glitter's child molestation appeal
- Cambodia jails Briton for child sex
- Does every child dream of being a star?
- Bản in : Child sex tourism slides under law
- No favour to VN Pharma: Ministry on smuggling case
- Slovakian pedophile jailed for 3 years in Vietnam
- Malaysians say harsher sentence needed for UK child rapist
- Jackson doctor jailed for four years, could serve half
- Previously acquitted man sentenced to life for child rape, murder
- Madonna moved to tears by case of child rape in Kenya
- Vietnam’s former oil execs appeal jail terms in landmark corruption case
- Bieber sentenced to anger management class
Former Reality Star Josh Duggar Sentenced to 12 Years in Child Pornography Case have 432 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.