The movie was released only nine days ago, and it has already crossed the *100 crore mark. The horror comedy collected Rs 11.35 crore on Saturday, bringing its total to Rs 109.92 crore.
“Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2” is the sequel to Akshay Kumar and Vidya Balan’s 2007 psychological horror comedy of the same name, which took in more than 55 crore over the weekend.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh published the film’s figures on the social media site Twitter. He wrote, "#BhoolBhulaiyaa2 is on a winning streak, hits double digits on [second] Sat… Remains first choice of moviegoers, eclipses biz of new films… National chains witness growth, mass circuits super-strong… [Week 2] Fri 6.52 cr, Sat 11.35 cr. Total: Rs 109.92 cr. #India biz."
Earlier, the film raked in Rs 14.11 crore on its first Friday i.e. its opening day. The opening weekend of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 generated 18.34 crore rupees. To date, the film has maintained a consistent performance thanks to good reviews and powerful word-of-mouth.
It is estimated that the film may make approximately Rs 150 crore if all goes smooth.
The sequel to Akshay Kumar’s 2007 film Bhool Bhulaiyaa, this movie is its spiritual sequel. The original was directed by Priyadarshan, but this time it is Anees Bazmee who directed this remake. Apart from Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani, the film also stars Tabu, Rajpal Yadav, Ashwini Kalsekar and Sanjay Mishra.
Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is the third Hindi film in 2022 to reach a hundred at the box office, following The Kashmir Files and Gangubai Kathiawadi. After Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety released in 2018, this is Kartik Aaryan’s second film to earn over Rs 100 crore.
Read the now!
Indulge in digital reading experience of ET newspaper exactly as it is.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
… more less
ETPrime stories of the day
11 mins read
8 mins read
8 mins read
- Herald Sport's 100 Most Memorable Scottish Kits: Numbers 40-34 featuring Celtic, Rangers and Andy Murray
- Ousting 'Padman', 'Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety' becomes second highest grosser of 2018
- 'Punjab Nahi Jaungi' becomes highest grossing Pakistani movie of all time
- 'Tiger Zinda Hai' did well because of Katrina Kaif: Salman Khan
- 'Parchi' performs better in cinemas than all winter releases
- 'Tiger Zinda Hai' becomes Salman Khan's highest grossing film
- Is Mehwish Hayat's next project a biopic on Benazir Bhutto?
- Mehrunisa in Padmaavat was tiny but special: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor fell almost €14M short of PPV record set against Manny Pacquiao, figures reveal
- How JK Rowling made her £650million fortune: Unpicking the Harry Potter author's riches and what she spends on
- Dave Kidd: Harry Kane can finish like Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, and Real Madrid will go all out to sign him
- Harry Kane can finish like Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, and Real Madrid will go all out to sign him
- Terminator fans will get the chance to see the cult classic in 3D at all Irish Odeon cinemas
- Top ballet company to perform at Royal Concert Hall
- HOT OFF THE STAGE: 'Her Benny' at Royal Court, Liverpool
- Bayern topple dogged Cologne — as it happened
- IN THE DOCK: 11 people who have appeared in East Lancashire courts
- Celebrity visitors, food and wine from Harrods and secret gay sex in the showers - inside prison life with the Kray twins
- Remembering 102 famous faces we've said goodbye to in 2017
- SAILING: Father and daughter claim series honours
Box office: Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani's Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 crosses over Rs 100 crore have 783 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 29, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.