In a statement, Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean, and Pras Michel cited the ongoing Covid-19 as the reason the reunion tour was called off.
"We anticipate and understand disappointment but our anniversary tour will not be able to happen," the Fugees said in a statement. "The continued Covid pandemic has made touring conditions difficult, and we want to make sure we keep our fans and ourselves healthy and safe."
They continued, "An idea sparked to honor and celebrate this 25th anniversary of The Score but we see now it may not currently be our time for revisiting this past work."
Following their brief-but-triumphant gig in New York in September 2021 for the Global Citizen Live event, the Fugees were scheduled to embark on their 25th-anniversary tour — and first shows together in 15 years — on Nov. 2 at Chicago's United Center. However, just three days before it was set to begin, the group said they would postpone the entire trek until 2022 as it would "ensure the best chance that all cities on the tour are fully open so we can perform for as many fans as possible."
The Fugees promised to announce the rescheduled tour dates, but three months later, they have instead canceled the entirety of the tour.
"We're grateful for the special night we did get to share with some of you in New York, with that rare live moment," the Fugees said Friday. "If opportunity, public safety, and scheduling allow, we hope to be able to revisit this again sometime soon."
- AGT Heidi Klum’s Halloween 2020 party canceled due to Covid pandemic – but sites are selling fake tickets for $3,258
- Birmingham NHS trust halts planned surgery as Covid cases rise
- NHS waiting lists ‘worst for a decade’ as Covid pandemic delays routine treatment for millions
- US Pro Basketball Stars Test Positive for COVID-19
- Surge in COVID-19 Infections Pushing US Past 10 Million Cases
- WHO Warns of COVID-19 Spikes in Europe, Americas
- Holidays AREN'T coming! Coca-Cola CANCELS its annual festive truck tour amid the Covid-19 pandemic - as fans argue Christmas won't be the same without it
- Beyonce scraps plans of a 2021 world tour due to COVID-19 pandemic and will instead jump into the virtual concert arena... as she continues work on new album
- 55 Percent Of Americans Canceled Labor Day Travel Plans Amid Coronavirus Pandemic, Survey Finds
- Cannes Film Festival Kicks Off Three-Day ‘Spécial’ Event Far From The Madding Crowd; Notes 2021 Contingency Plans
- Arjun Kapoor on recovering from Covid-19: It took me six-eight hours to accept the situation before I could speak to the doctor
- Travel companies that are thriving amid the pandemic
- ‘Friends’ reunion expected to film in March, says Matthew Perry
- TUI will cancel ALL flights and holidays from England and Wales during second lockdown amid ban on international travel
- Australia's Tour Down Under cycling event cancelled due to COVID-19
- 'They don't mind taking those people's tax money': Niall Horan criticises governments for failing to support live music workers during pandemic - as he holds fundraising concert at Royal Albert Hall in London
- She fell from the sky: How the Covid-19 pandemic crashed into Russia’s legendary space city
- Dustin Johnson, the world's top golfer, tests positive for Covid-19
- Matt Hancock warns cancer patients will only be guaranteed treatment if Covid-19 stays 'under control' - as he is savaged for 'having no idea how many infected people are walking around' after testing shambles saw 16,000 cases MISSED
- Diwali Celebrations In Bollywood Before COVID-19: 5 Best Moments From Last Year's Diwali Bashes
The Fugees Cancel Planned Reunion Tour Due to Covid Pandemic have 618 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.