UPDATED with new date: The New York Film Critics Circle said the new date for its previously postponed 2022 awards ceremony will be Wednesday, March 16 at TAO Downtown in Manhattan.
The group last month voted Japan's Oscar submission Drive My Car as its Best Film, while Jane Campion was named Best Director for The Power of the Dog . Lady Gaga ( House of Gucci ) and Benedict Cumberbatch ( The Power of the Dog ) won the Best Actress and Best Actor prizes, respectively.
NYFCC was forced to delay its annual awards gala to honor its winners later in December due to the latest surge in Covid cases.
PREVIOUSLY, December 21 AM: While the 2022 New York Film Critics Circle Awards were scheduled to take place at Tao Downtown in NYC on January 10, they've now been postponed due to the recent surge in Covid cases witnessed across the country, with a new date for the ceremony to be unveiled early next year.
"Out of safety concerns for our award winners and our members, we've made the decision to postpone our dinner. But rest assured, we're going to find a way to celebrate the accomplishments of our winners in the coming months," said NYFCC Chair Stephanie Zacharek. "Even in the midst of an uncertain time, we see this as a positive step forward."
Unlike organizations like the Hollywood Film Critics Association which have been forced to push back their ceremony dates, the New York Film Critics Circle has already unveiled the winners of its annual awards, last month awarding Best Film to Drive My Car and naming The Power of the Dog 's Jane Campion as Best Director. Lady Gaga was crowned Best Actress for her turn in House of Gucci , with The Power of the Dog 's Benedict Cumberbatch chosen as Best Actor.
Special Award recipients were also named, with those honors going to Maya Cade for the creation of the Black Film Archive; to the late Diane Weyermann, for supporting daring and impactful filmmaking at Sundance and Participant; and to Marshall Fine for his years of service as NYFCC's General Manager and decades on the NY film scene.
The New York Film Critics Circle is the oldest critics group in the country, having been founded in 1935. Its membership includes critics from daily and weekly newspapers and magazines, as well as online publications. NYFCC's full list of 2022 award winners can be found here .
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Manafort, 70, is treated in hospital for 'cardiac event' - on eve of New York court date and as his former deputy gets just 45 days in weekend jail after taking a plea deal
- What the New York
- 'They defined bravery': Chris Hemsworth visits America's Response Monument in New York City ahead of the release of drama film 12 Strong
- Halsey and Evan Peters are spotted out at JFK in New York City as they jet off to spend their first holiday together as a couple
- Other film critics have MAULED Cats... but BRIAN VINER insists that audiences will lap it up
- Laura Dern To Receive Cinema Vanguard Award At Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- The state of the Oscars race: who's in the lead after the big film festivals?
- This MAJOR STAR Is Set To Play Ronald Reagan In Hollywood Biopic
- Jason Derulo calls Cats a 'brave piece of art' as he hits back at critics for slamming the feline film
- Ant-Man and the Wasp UK release date - trailer, cast, plot and everything else you need to know
- Antichrist: a work of genius or the sickest film in the history of cinema?
- Cats most brutal reviews as film branded 'worst thing to happen to cats since dogs'
- Elizabeth Warren unveils $10.7 TRILLION 'green new deal' to end all electricity generation by fossil fuels by 2035 and claims it will create 10.6 million jobs
- 'Your brain will never comprehend it': Cats is awarded a record ZERO stars as critics universally savage Tom Hooper's star-studded new film as 'an all time disaster'
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker - Check Out Critics' First Reactions
- Cats: An updated version of the movie is being sent to movie theaters AFTER the film's release
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker - Here Are Critics' First Reactions
- John F Kennedy assassination: 50 years of conspiracy in fiction and film
- Little Women 2019 movie – UK release date, reviews, trailer, plot and who’s in the cast with Emma Watson?
- The best and worst films of 2018
New York Film Critics Circle Sets March Date For Previously Postponed Awards Ceremony – Update have 733 words, post on deadline.com at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.