Carmelo Anthony needed to be restrained from going after fans in Philadelphia on Thursday night … and it’s all because he says some of them called him “boy.”
As the L.A. Lakers were down big to the 76ers in the fourth quarter of their game in Philly … Melo stopped playing and began walking toward a group of Sixers fans that appeared to be talking trash.
At one point, it looked like Anthony was going to enter the crowd and get face-to-face with the men … but, fortunately, referees grabbed him before he could get to the fans.
Arena security ended up booting the men from the area before it could escalate further … and when Melo was asked about the incident following the game, he told the L.A. Times that he was called “boy” by the men.
Melo added in his postgame interview that he believed all of the smack talk crossed lines.
“Some things were said — unacceptable,” Anthony said. “I’m cool with fans heckling, fans talking trash, cheering for their team, booing the other team, I’m all for that.”
“But when you cross certain lines, as a man, you just, that’s what you’re going to see. That’s what you’re going to get, as you saw there.”
Anthony continued, “There’s just certain things you don’t bring to any type of sporting event. There’s just certain things you don’t say to anybody. If I was outside and I bumped into you and you said those things to me, then it would be a totally different story.”
It’s unclear if the fans will face further discipline from the 76ers.
Of course, this is far from the first time this season that players have gotten into it with fans … even Carmelo’s own teammate, LeBron James , had hecklers kicked out of their seats earlier this season.
As for the game, Melo’s Lakers were ultimately blown out by the 76ers, 105-87.
- Kristaps Porzingis Gone? Carmelo Anthony Staying? Phil Jackson on the State of the Knicks
- Phil Jackson Says Carmelo Anthony ‘Would Be Better Off Somewhere Else’
- Carmelo Anthony Said to Agree to Re-Sign With the Knicks
- Carmelo Anthony Shrugs Off Speculation Over Phil Jackson’s Twitter Post
- Carmelo Anthony finally making myth of 'Olympic Melo' an NBA reality with Los Angeles Lakers
- Carmelo Anthony scores 23, leads Lakers past Rockets 95-85
- The biggest 2021 Christmas TV specials to get excited about: From Call the Midwife to Strictly Come Dancing and Mrs Brown’s Boys
- T'Wolves' Anthony Edwards implores Rockets to call timeout after getting hot
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League lets fans prank call Amanda Waller
- ChuckleVision fans say their ‘childhoods have been ruined’ as VERY rude clip from show resurfaces
- Martine McCutcheon stuns in slinky black dress as fans say she's 'ageing backwards'
- Royal fans say Princess Eugenie's son looks just like Prince Louis in adorable new photo
- Toy Story fans say childhood is ruined after seeing Buzz Lightyear without space suit on
- Steve Bruce fires parting shot at Newcastle fans for calling him ‘useless, fat, tactically inept cabbage head’
- ‘In It to Win It,’ Says Phil Jackson, Vowing Knicks Revival
- Florida QB Anthony Richardson says he's a Gator 'right now'
- Mrs Brown's Boys fans call for return of Dino Doyle after Halloween special
- Andy Ruiz slams Anthony Joshua’s strategy for Oleksandr Usyk loss but backs ‘strong’ former opponent to bounce back
- Anthony Joshua must ‘ignite aggression’ from before Dillian Whyte fight SIX YEARS ago to get back to best, says Bellew
- Eddie Hearn reveals Anthony Joshua is ‘angry and mad’ after Usyk loss as he defends pal after X-rated interview
Carmelo Anthony Gets In Altercation With Fans After He Says He Was Called 'Boy' have 618 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 28, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.