Tollywood actor Naga Chaitanya’s latest movie Bangarraju, which hit the theatres on January 14, has opened to an impressive response in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. According to reports, the supernatural drama had a thunderous opening at the box office, as it collected Rs 9.06 crore (share) and grossed Rs 12.90 crore in the Telugu states.
Given the pandemic scare and strict restrictions that have been imposed at places owing to the spike in COVID-19 cases, the box office figures look impressive. With no major releases in the upcoming week, the film is expected to weave magic at the box office. The film also featuring Nagarjuna Akkineni, Ramya Krishnan and Krithi Shetty in the lead roles was released on over 1200 screens worldwide.
Notably, Bangarraju has surpassed the opening day collection of Chaitanya’s previous venture Love Story , which garnered close to Rs 7.13 crore (share) and grossed Rs 10.60 crore in the Telugu states.
Talking about Bangarraju ‘s pre-release business, the theatrical rights (worldwide) of the film is valued at Rs 38.15 crore, which is said to be a career-best figure for both the leading men. The Naga Chaitanya-starrer did an impressive business of Rs 33.80 crore in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Bangarraju Day 1 AP/TG Collections
Nizam: Rs 2.03 crore
Bangarraju is helmed by Kalyan Krishna Kurasala, who co-wrote the entertainer with Satyanand. Backed by Nagarjuna’s Annapurna Studios in association with Zee Studios, the film also has Rao Ramesh, Brahmaji, Vennela Kishore, Jhansi, Anitha Chowdhary, Rohini and Praveen in vital roles. The technical departments of the film are headed by cinematographer j Yuvaraj, editor Vijay Vardhan K and music composer Anup Rubens.
Speaking about the leading actors’ upcoming projects, Naga Chaitanya will next be seen in Laal Singh Chaddha and Thank You. Nagarjuna, on the other hand, will appear in Brahmastra and The Ghost.
- 'Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari' box office release: 'Big films like 'Sooryavanshi' and '83' would do the trick at the box office'; says senior trade analyst
- Maradona Box Office: It Saw An Upward Momentum On Its First Weekend!
- ‘Rogue One’ Rebels Cross $520M WW; ‘Great Wall’ Rises To $120M – Intl Box Office
- 'It's possibly the best value food you can get': Matt Hancock says he can 'absolutely justify' spending £50,000 on hipster Filipino takeaways for his staff during pandemic as they 'worked 18 hour days to keep people safe'
- ‘Focus’ Improves Upon Estimates; ‘Marigold Hotel’ Still Pretty – Intl B.O. Monday Update
- Marathi release Bucket List finds more fans than Parmanu
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Breaks Glass Ceiling For Female Directors & Stomps On ‘Iron Man’ With $103.1M Debut – Monday AM Update
- #BigStory: Creepy demons to believable paranormal activities, here's how horror has evolved over the years in Bollywood
- #BigInterview! Chunky Panday: I stopped a shoot with Sanjay Dutt in Goa thinking I was winning an award for 'Tezaab'
- Karan Johar writes to Madhur Bhandarkar over title war; assures format, nature, and title of series are different
- Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu score a hit with Badla, Kartik Aaryan becomes hat-trick hero after Luka Chuppi
- The Lyman Family’s Holy Siege of America
- More snow chaos across Britain as forecasters expect it to be the coldest night of the winter forcing London City Airport to close and leaving travellers no choice but to abandon their stranded vehicles on the M3
- 'Wonder Woman 1984' Heading to HBO Max, Theaters Dec. 25
- Billionaire Christian Candy is locked in a bitter row with his super-rich neighbours over plans to build two huge tunnels at his £150m 'Candyland' complex - linking his mansion to an underground car museum
- Slaves to the Empire: The ‘Star Wars’ Kids Talk Back
- Steven Spielberg: ‘It’s all about making kids feel like they can do anything’
- Locked horns and a flurry of feathers
- Nolte: ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Surrenders with Move to Streaming
- ‘The Dark Tower’: Everything You Need to Know About the Stephen King Fantasy Epic
Bangarraju Day 1 Box Office Collection: Mind-Boggling Start For Naga Chaitanya-Nagarjuna Starrer! have 651 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.