Tollywood actor Naga Chaitanya’s latest movie Bangarraju, which hit the theatres on January 14, has opened to an impressive response in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. According to reports, the supernatural drama had a thunderous opening at the box office, as it collected Rs 8.11 crore (share) and grossed Rs 12.90 crore in the Telugu states.
Given the pandemic scare and strict restrictions that have been imposed at places owing to the spike in COVID-19 cases, the box office figures look impressive. With no major releases in the upcoming week, the film is expected to weave magic at the box office. The film also featuring Nagarjuna Akkineni, Ramya Krishnan and Krithi Shetty in the lead roles was released on over 1200 screens worldwide.
Notably, Bangarraju has surpassed the opening day collection of Chaitanya’s previous venture Love Story , which garnered close to Rs 7.13 crore (share) and grossed Rs 10.60 crore in the Telugu states.
Talking about Bangarraju ‘s pre-release business, the theatrical rights (worldwide) of the film is valued at Rs 38.15 crore, which is said to be a career-best figure for both the leading men. The Naga Chaitanya-starrer did an impressive business of Rs 33.80 crore in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Bangarraju Day 1 AP/TG Collections
Nizam: Rs 2.03 crore
Bangarraju is helmed by Kalyan Krishna Kurasala, who co-wrote the entertainer with Satyanand. Backed by Nagarjuna’s Annapurna Studios in association with Zee Studios, the film also has Rao Ramesh, Brahmaji, Vennela Kishore, Jhansi, Anitha Chowdhary, Rohini and Praveen in vital roles. The technical departments of the film are headed by cinematographer j Yuvaraj, editor Vijay Vardhan K and music composer Anup Rubens.
Speaking about the leading actors’ upcoming projects, Naga Chaitanya will next be seen in Laal Singh Chaddha and Thank You. Nagarjuna, on the other hand, will appear in Brahmastra and The Ghost.
- Victory 2 Day 1 Box Office Collections: The Sharan Starrer Opens On A Good Note
- International Box Office: Korea Again Leads Weekend; France Returns To Cinemas With A Passion
- Nagarjuna To Romance Naga Chaitanya's Heroine Once Again?
- Samantha Akkineni Will Not Be A Part Of Naga Chaitanya’s Next With Vikram Kumar
- Tamil Movies 2020 Half-Yearly Box Office Report: Draupathi, Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal Excel!
- Jigarthanda-Sarabham First Day Collections At Box Office
- Telugu Movies 2020 Half-Yearly Box Office Report: Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo And Sarileru Top The List
- Last Of Us 2 Walkthrough - Part 2: Downtown Seattle Day 1 (All Collectibles, Spoiler-Free)
- The Last Of Us 2 Walkthrough - Part 2: Downtown Seattle Day 1 (All Collectibles, Spoiler-Free)
- Distributor Signature Entertainment On Releasing Woody Allen’s ‘A Rainy Day In New York’ In The UK & North America & Withstanding The Challenge Of Coronavirus
- FMIA: Anger, Apologies And Videos Gone Viral—Inside The Three Days That Sparked Major Shift In The NFL
- The Last Of Us 2 Walkthrough Part 3: Seattle Day 1 - Capitol Hill (All Collectibles, Spoiler-Free)
- Last Of Us 2 Walkthrough Part 3: Seattle Day 1 - Capitol Hill (All Collectibles, Spoiler-Free)
- Will London really be virus free in two weeks? No10 faces growing demands for transparency as new data suggests just 24 people a day in capital are catching coronavirus - raising hopes lockdown could be eased
- Top 10 Most Followed Telugu Heroes On Twitter: How Mahesh Babu, Allu Arjun & Others Made It To List
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: ‘The Present’ Sleight-Of-Hand Artist Helder Guimarães Transforms Homebound Audiences Into Awestruck Assistants
- Will small-business owners go to jail for breaking coronavirus rules? We’ll find out
- Good vibrations: how Bandcamp became the heroes of streaming
- Abhishek Bachchan's #RoadTo20
- Live Updates: Mitch McConnell, After A Long Silence And Without Naming Trump, Denounces Neo-Nazis
Bangarraju Day 1 Box Office Collection: Mind-Boggling Start For Naga Chaitanya-Nagarjuna Starrer! have 593 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.