Cinema and cricket are two of the biggest influencers in the life of Indians across the world. One can only then imagine the fervor when the studio behind National Award-winning sports biopics like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and Mary Kom creates a film on the life of legendary cricketer Mithali Raj – captain of Team India Women’s ODI.
Marking Mithali’s birthday, Viacom18 Studios today announced the release date for Shabaash Mithu . The Taapsee Pannu starrer is all set to hit the screens worldwide on 4th February, 2022.
Shabaash Mithu is the coming-of-age tale of women’s cricket in India as witnessed by the most successful woman cricketer the country has ever seen. The film chronicles the highs and lows, setbacks and moments of euphoria of Mithali’s life with Taapsee Pannu essaying the titular role. Also seen in the film will be the talented actor Vijay Raaz in a key role.
Shabaash Mithu has been shot across domestic and international locations to aptly bring alive Mithali’s iconic journey and her meteoric rise to the world stage. Produced by Viacom18 Studios, Shabaash Mithu ‘s creative producer is Ajit Andhare, while the film is directed by Srijit Mukherji and written by Priya Aven.
- 'I invented the future!' Michael Fassbender in first trailer for Steve Jobs biopic
- Classic anime 'Ghost in the Shell' returns to US theatres
- Britney Spears Has a Biopic Coming to Lifetime
- Netflix considers actually releasing its movies in theaters
- Depicts the Dangerous Charisma of America's Most Famous Cult Leader
- Here's What Happened When an Actor Tried to Publicize a Racist Casting Call
- Mitsubishi Is Trying To Get Better
- Village Roadshow fails Turing test
- How the Cyber Kangaroo can help defend the Internet of Things
- New 'Steve Jobs' trailer shows the three faces of Apple's co-founder
- Australian music-streaming services compared
- Ludlam on wielding power in the Senate
- Anonymous targets Singapore govt with second tweetstorm
- CRM Watchlist 2013 winners: Social is as social does the mainstream, part 2
- From a glass box to the Red Planet: The strange journey of a Martian-in-training
- NBN confirms no one has purchased an area switch
- Avril Lavigne Is Not Dead (But Who Knows About Chavril)
- Kickstarter-funded film reunites Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse' cast
- Microsoft updates Azure Stack preview with promised services
- Tech and the future of transportation: From here to there
Shabaash Mithu: Taapsee Pannu's Biopic On Mithali Raj To Release In Theatres On February 4, 2022 have 400 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.