President Joe Biden welcomes back the Kennedy Center Honors, post-pandemic, and immediately gets totally roasted by 'SNL' star Michael Che … who said, “There's no way he is awake right?”
The age-appropriate shot was well-received, though, during a night of jokes, laughter and great music. President Biden slipped into his tux for the Sunday night gala honoring 5 legendary artists for their lifetime achievements — Motown Records creator Berry Gordy , “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels , famed actor Bette Midler , singer Justino Diaz and folk music legend Joni Mitchell .
This night was particularly special because the Prez and First Lady were in attendance –bringing back the tradition. President Trump had skipped the event since 2016 after honorees threatened to protest if he participated.
In fact, Biden got a standing ovation as he entered the event and praise from attendees such as late-night legend David Letterman , who also took a swipe at Trump, saying … “It’s quite nice once again to see the presidential box being occupied.”
The President also hosted the honorees before the event and cracked a few jokes himself … foreshadowing the tone of the packed 44th annual event.
- Inside the Kennedy "Curse": How the Dynasty Endures in the Wake of So Much Tragedy and Scandal
- With VP pick, Biden can't play small ball in a long ball world
- From Kennedy's kitchen to Biden's basement, candidates adapt to virtual campaigning
- Ethel Kennedy Fast Facts
- Tyler Perry, Joe Biden, Jamie Foxx and More Mourn Death of Civil Rights Icon Rev. Joseph Lowery
- Anthony Kennedy and the Death of True American Conservatism
- Great grandson of Theodore Roosevelt backs the sacked captain of the aircraft carrier named after his illustrious forebear for writing controversial letter about virus threat - and details how the former president did exactly the same thing
- David Letterman Fast Facts
- Trump sets goal to re-open US economy by Easter
- Democratic candidates gear up for a dramatic Super Tuesday
- Coronavirus live updates: Oprah to donate $10 million
- Bob Dylan’s Uncomfortable History With Accepting Awards
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump signs coronavirus relief bill
- The Hill's Campaign Report: Democratic field begins to shrink ahead of critical stretch
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Airbnb - House to pass relief bill; Trump moves to get US back to work
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Guidance on masks is coming
- Democrats seize on Trump's firing of intelligence community watchdog
- Blind Faith Meets Coronavirus Science In Potentially Deadly Crash
- Corona Chronicles: Volume II
- Blind Faith Meets Coronavirus Science In Potentially Deadly Clash
Michael Che Jabs at President Biden's Age During Kennedy Center Honors have 411 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.