Even after completing a week of its release, Silmabarasan’s Maanaadu is ruling hearts and the box office. The film which released on November 25, has been garnering favourable reviews. The audience’s response has also been great. Fans of the leading man are also elated with the success of their idol’s latest release. The unconventional concept, narration and intense performances of the actors especially Simbu have worked in the favour of the film.
Well as per reports, the film grossed around Rs 1 crore on day 8 of its theatrical run in Tamil Nadu, making the total collection Rs 38 crore (gross). Written and helmed by Venkat Prabhu, the thriller was released in Tamil with its dubbed versions in Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi. Just a day before the release, the makers announced that the film had been postponed owing to ‘unavoidable circumstances’, however, the issues were solved by late evening and the thriller was released as scheduled earlier. Previously, the film was expected to release along with Rajinikanth’s Annaatthe , however, the makers postponed it to avoid a clash with the biggie.
Maanaadu follows a youngster (Simbu) stuck in a time loop trying to stop an assassination attempt on the state’s Chief Minister. Produced by Suresh Kamatchi under V House Productions, the time loop drama marks Silambarasan’s second collaboration with Venkat after their 2010 film Goa , in which the actor appeared in a guest role.
Apart from Simbu, Maanaadu also stars Kalyani Priyadarshan SJ Suryah, YG Mahendran, Chandrasekhar, Bharathiraja, Premgi Amaren, Karunakaran, Subbu Panchu Arunachalam, Daniel Anne Pope, Ravikanth, Shreekumar and Manoj Bharathiraja.
Up next, STR will be seen in Maha, Pathu Thala, Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu and Corona Kumar.
- BellBottom Box Office Collection Day 1: Akshay Kumar's Film Fails To Beat Janhvi Kapoor's Roohi
- Dangal box office collection day 19: Every record Aamir Khan film broke to earn Rs 350 cr
- Dangal box office collection day 18: Aamir Khan film breaks these records, earns Rs 349.65 cr
- Dangal box office collection day 32: Aamir Khan film crosses Rs 200-crore mark in overseas market
- Dangal box office collection day 21: Aamir Khan starrer earns Rs 361.81 crore, despite competition
- Explained: Why, despite its limited box office success, BellBottom’s theatrical is an important signal for film industry
- Honsla Rakh Stays Strong At Box Office; 2nd Indian Movie After Baahubali 2 To Be On N. America’s Top 10 List
- Shehnaaz Gill-Diljit Dosanjh’s Honsla Rakh Is UNSTOPPABLE; Will It Surpass Qismat’s Collection At Box Office?
- M. Night Shyamalan's Old wins the box office weekend... as G.I. Joe prequel Snake Eyes withers away for a weaker-than-expected haul
- Box Office: In 2nd weekend, ‘Dune’ Bests ‘Last Night in Soho,’ ‘Antlers’
- Halloween Box Office Battle: 'Last Night in Soho,' 'Antlers' to End Roaring October on Muted Note
- Box Office: 'Dune' Dominates 'Last Night in Soho,' 'Antlers' in Second Weekend
- Dune remains top of the box office for a SECOND week as Last Night in Soho fails to break the top five on Halloween weekend
- The Chinese film beating Bond and Marvel at the box office
- 'Dune' Leads Domestic Box Office Again as 'Antlers,' 'Last Night in Soho' Struggle to Scare Up Crowds
- International Box Office: 'Venom 2' Rips Into $62.3 Million, 'No Time to Die' Nears $450 Million Globally
- 'Dune' leads domestic box office again as 'Antlers,' 'Last Night in Soho' struggle
- Amid Raees vs Kaabil, Aamir Khan’s Dangal continues to make its own way
- The Best Thrillers on Amazon Prime Video (October 2021) | Digital Trends
- Escape From L.A., Today: How a 1996 Sci-Fi Thriller Imagined the Year 2013
Maanaadu Day 8 Box Office Collection: Silambarasan’s Thriller Continues To Rule! have 597 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.