As announced yesterday , the festival will premiere Huppert's latest movie, About Joan, as a Berlinale Special Gala this year. The screening will be held in conjunction with the fest's award ceremony on February 15, 2022, when Huppert will receive her prize.
Huppert has had a long and glittering career in the biz, performing on screen and stage and across multiple languages including French, German and English. The directors she has collaborated with include Jean-Luc Godard, Michael Haneke, Bertrand Tavernier, Claude Chabrol, Olivier Assayas, Catherine Breillat, Paul Verhoeven and many more.
Her films have appeared in Cannes' Competition on 20 occasions, a record, and she has featured in the Berlinale's Competition seven times.
Huppert has been nominated for France's Cesar prize more than any other actress (16) and has won twice. Recently, she won a Golden Globe for her turn in Paul Verhoeven's Elle , a part for which she also received her first Oscar nomination.
The Berlinale's Homage section will be dedicated to the actress this year, screening seven of her films: The Lacemaker; Every Man For Himself; La Ceremonie; The Piano Teacher; 8 Women; Things To Come; and Elle.
"We are proud to welcome Isabelle Huppert back to the festival," said Berlinale directors Mariette Rissenbeek and Carlo Chatrian, "The Honorary Golden Bear may seem like a natural progression in a career without equal, since Isabelle Huppert is one of the few artists recognized with acting awards at all major film festivals. But Isabelle Huppert is more than a celebrated actor – she is an uncompromising artist who doesn't hesitate to take risks and flout mainstream trends. Awarding her our most prestigious prize is to accentuate cinema as an art form, independent and unconditional. We often see actors as tools in the hands of filmmakers, but Isabelle Huppert is a clear example that the dynamic can be a true exchange. Actors can be the true engine of creating not only emotions, but also concepts of cinema."
- ‘Two Of Us’ Star Barbara Sukowa Talks France’s Golden Globe Nominee With Isabelle Huppert – Video
- Berlinale film festival founder had significant Nazi-era role: study
- Berlinale Sets Six Golden Bear Winners As International Jury For 2021 Festival
- Golden Globes 2018: Find out everything you need to know by numbers
- Oscars: A Preview Of Top Contenders For The International Feature Film Shortlist – Part Two
- 22 Book-to-Film Adaptations Still to Come in 2016
- IFFK to open with Bosnian film 'Quo Vadis, Aida'
- Dieter Kosslick: Berlinale's former head publishes memoir
- Sundance Names Peter Dinklage, Larry Wilmore & Gael García Bernal To Jury; Jessica Williams To Host Awards Show
- 'Borga' sheds light on African migrant lives in Germany
- Oscars: Previewing Top Contenders For The International Feature Shortlist – Part One
- Venice 2017: Strong line-up to jump start awards season
- In the Most Competitive Oscar Season Ever, Bloggers Are Keeping Score
- IFFK to open with Quo Vadis, Aida
- Christopher Plummer Dies: Oscar Winner & ‘Sound Of Music,’ ‘All The Money In The World’ Star A True Hollywood Legend
- Asians in Hollywood more visible than ever
- 14 Movies To Get Excited About In 2021
- 60 Photos From the '60s That Show How The World Changed
- ‘I feel 20!’ Sophia Loren says she ‘doesn’t believe’ she’s 86… as she talks about her return to the spotlight in new Netflix movie The Life Ahead
- Captain Sir Tom Moore dead aged 100 – Hero who raised millions for NHS dies in hospital after Covid battle
Isabelle Huppert To Receive Honorary Golden Bear At Berlin Film Festival have 581 words, post on deadline.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.