"Last May, we wrapped production on Gabby Duran & The Unsittables. It has a really terrific cast and talented producers who safely made a second season during a pandemic," a Disney Channel spokesperson said in statement.
All 41 episodes have premiered on Disney Channel U.S. A batch of episodes will drop on Disney+ on Wednesday, Dec. 8 making all 41 episodes available to view on the streaming service.
The cancellation was first revealed by series stars Nathan Lovejoy, who played Principal Swift, and Callan Farris, who portrayed Jeremy, Gabby's first babysitting assignment, on Instagram. Both gave a heartfelt thank you to cast, creators, writers and crew. You can read their posts in full below.
"Some of you wanted to know if there's a s3 coming. Alas, there is not," wrote Lovejoy. "What a ride it's been though and thank you all for watching! I had the time of my life."
Farris, wrote: "And just like that, the show is over. Gabby Duran and the Unsittables was an experience I'll never forget. I'm so thankful I got to be part of it."
Co-written by Mike Alber and Gabe Snyder, the live-action comedy was based on the novel by Elise Allen and Daryle Conners. It focused on Gabby Duran, played by Kylie Cantrall, who constantly feels like she's living in the shadows of her uber-polished, successful mother and whip-smart younger sister. She finally finds her moment to shine when she inadvertently lands an out-of-this-world job to babysit an unruly group of very important extraterrestrial children who are hiding out on Earth with their families, disguised as everyday kids. Fearless and unapologetically bold, Gabby steps up to the challenge to protect these youngsters and their secret identities, and prove she's the best babysitter in the galaxy.
Maxwell Acee Donovan, Coco Christo and Valery Ortiz also starred.
Alber and Snyder executive produced alongside Joe Nussbaum. Gabby Duran & the Unsittables was produced by Gabby Productions, Ltd., a subsidiary of Omnifilm Entertainment.
- Disney Plus streaming service launch date, app, channels, and exclusive shows
- Roseanne Barr Accuses Sara Gilbert of Causing 'Roseanne' Cancellation
- Doom Patrol gets new season, and will stream simultaneously on HBO Max and DC Universe
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- There are too many streaming options, and it’s only getting worse
- Apple TV Plus cost, review, and everything you need to know
- Now that Game of Thrones is over, here’s what GoT fans should watch next
- Florida braces as 'extremely dangerous' Hurricane Dorian strengthens to Category 4: Drivers abandon cars at gas stations, fuel runs out and supermarket shelves are emptied as 10 MILLION people in the cross-hairs prepare for storm that could be a CATEGORY 5
‘Gabby Duran & The Unsittables’ Canceled After Two Seasons By Disney Channel have 512 words, post on deadline.com at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.