British actor Henry Cavil had rightly said, “If you are a good actor, then you channel enough of yourself into the character so that you do get that other thing.” The result of this is that you end up delivering a remarkable performance which is etched in the minds of the audience for a long time. A good actor is someone who can make anything believable; whether it’s the lightest of emotions or the darkest of desires on screen. Nothing can rejuvenate your mind like a powerful performance which takes you on a rollercoaster ride and at times, also makes you take a pause and think!
Like 2020, this year too, Bollywood saw a bag of mixed performances. Some hit the bullseye while others missed the mark. There were a couple of big releases on the theatrical screens and the OTT platform too saw its share of direct-to-web releases. Amid this, we witnessed some amazing acts this year which made us clap, whistle and cheer.
With just few days remaining to bid goodbye to this year, we bring you our list of best Bollywood actors who packed a solid punch.
Akshay Kumar proved yet again why he is the Khiladi of Bollywood with two successful releases this year- Ranjit M Tiwari’s spy thriller Bell Bottom and Rohit Shetty’s cop flick Sooryavanshi . Bell Bottom was the first Bollywood film to hit the big screens after the second wave of COVID-19. While the film enjoyed limited box office success, Akki’s spy act did work its charm. A few months later, Kumar delivered the biggest blockbuster of this year- Sooryavanshi which ended the dry spell at the box office for the Hindi film industry. In a nutshell, 2021 turned out to be Akshay’s year!
The handsome hunk took everyone by surprise when he effortlessly slipped into the shoes of Kargil hero Captain Vikram Batra for his biopic Shershaah . With his commanding screen presence and ‘improved’ acting chops, Sid made the critics take notice of him and proved that there’s more to him than just good looks! The Vishnu Varadhan directorial is indeed one of Sidharth’s best works so far.
The ever reliable Pankaj Tripathi began 2021 on a promising note with Kaagaz , Satish Kaushik’s satirical take on the ‘living dead’. He followed it up with Laxman Utekar’s Mimi wherein he churned a touching performance despite the spotlight being on the main lead Kriti Sanon.
The stylish star who is synonymous with rom-coms underwent an explosive transformation on screen with Ram Madhvani’s Netflix thriller Dhamaka . Dropping his chocolate boy avatar, Kartik dived straight to play a character with a tinge of grey and emerged victorious.
The Kapoor lad silenced all his naysayers with a powerful performance in Dibakar Banerjee’s Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar. His next release Sardar Ka Grandson was a damp squib but the actor bounced back into the game with his funny act as the ghostbuster in Pawan Kripalani’s horror comedy Bhoot Police .
Saif Ali Khan
2021 may not be an absolute ‘wow’ year for the Chhote Nawab but the actor did tickle our funny bone with his entertaining antics in Bhoot Police and we absolutely loved his on screen bromance with Arjun Kapoor.
After a forgettable debut in 2018 ( LoveYatri ), Aayush Sharma hit the marquee again and left everyone awestruck with his astonishing transformation to play a ruthless gangster in Mahesh Manjrekar’s Antim: The Final Truth . It’s not easy to draw the attention of the audience towards you when one is sharing screen space with a bonafide star like Salman Khan but Aayush managed to achieve this.
After playing a man who doesn’t feel pain in Vasan Balan’s martial arts film Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota easily slipped into the role of a Tamil Brahmin boy who ends up facing hiccups in his long distance marriage. Abhimanyu’s endearing act as Sundareshwar warmed the cockles of the audience’s hearts.
Vicky left the audience teary-eyed with his moving performance in Shoojit Sircar’s Sardar Udham . The actor dipped his toes into uncharted waters and swam to the shore successfully with his impressive acting chops.
Which Bollywood actor’s performance left you in awe? Hit the comment box to vote for your favourite star.
- Bollywood Star Akshay Kumar to Topline Amazon India Series
- Oscars 2019: Best dressed stars arrive on red carpet at Academy Awards
- Actor Albert Finney has died at the age of 82
- India’s Narendra Modi, battling for reelection, gets a questionable Bollywood boost
- These 5 hits absolutely could win best picture at the Oscars, and here’s why
- Oscar watch! These 5 hits absolutely could win best picture this year, and here's why
- Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah Washington slams Obama and praises Trump
- Graham: Impress your friends with these super accurate Oscar predictions
- The 15 Actors Nominated by the Academy for Their Very First Performances
- From Charles Dickens to Michael Caine, here are the five best Scrooges
- Lara Bingle shares rare photo with actor husband Sam Worthington
- Dean Gaffney EXC: Actor wants to go up against The Vixen on The Chase
- Stanley Kubrick's films ranked - from worst to best
- Meet the white nationalist trying to ride the Trump train to lasting power
- ‘Ready Player One’ Racing To $400M WW; Scores $161M+ In China For WB Best – International Box Office
- Heavyweights go head-to-head for best actor Oscar
- Catherine O’Hara on Her Career, Sexism in Comedy, and Her Favorite Impressions
- What Green Book’s Best-Picture Oscar Does (and Does Not) Mean
- The 17 Best Films of 2018
- The 10 Best New TV Shows of 2018
Best Bollywood Actors Of 2021: Akshay Kumar, Sidharth Malhotra & Others Who Left A Lasting Impression have 962 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.