Prior to Amazon, Paul had been CFO at Hulu. Before that, she spent 19 years at Disney in senior finance, strategy and business development roles, including as SVP of Corporate Strategy, Business Development and Technology.
At Lyft, Paul is replacing Brian Roberts, who is stepping down but will remain an advisor until June 2022 to assist with the transition.
"Elaine is a seasoned leader with a commanding record of driving growth in tech and consumer-facing industries. We're excited to have her bring this experience to Lyft," Co-Founder and CEO Logan Green said in a press release. "Building the future of transportation requires new, disruptive approaches. Elaine has made a career of thinking differently in established markets and knows how to create incredible value for both the business and our customers."
At Amazon, Paul led portfolio and financial planning for Amazon's global slate of original film and television programming, studio operations, and Prime Video Marketing Finance. Beyond finance, her team included strategy, business intelligence and advanced analytics.
"Lyft has an inspiring mission, a clear vision, and incredible growth opportunities. Logan and John are deeply committed to improving people's lives with the world's best transportation and their passion is contagious," Paul said. "I'm thrilled to join their high-performing team and contribute to Lyft's next phase of scale and innovation."
Roberts became CFO at Lyft in 2014, and has helped steer the company through its IPO and a gradually improving financial picture. In a LinkedIn post, he alluded to his next stop after leaving Lyft, but did not identify the company.
"Over the past seven years, Brian has made a huge contribution to Lyft. With his support and leadership, Lyft went public and reached Adjusted EBITDA profitability — two critical milestones," Green said. "Brian built high-performing teams, relentlessly championed new growth initiatives, and was instrumental in helping us scale the business. We're grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him, and for the lasting impact he has had."
- The Best Thrillers on Amazon Prime Video (August 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best Sci-Fi Movies on Amazon Prime Video (August 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best Shows on Disney+ Right Now (September 2021) | Digital Trends
- What's New on Disney+ in September 2021 | Digital Trends
- Dave Franco Sets ‘Somebody I Used To Know’ As Next Directing Job At Amazon; Alison Brie, Jay Ellis and Kiersey Clemons To Star
- The Best Movies Leaving Amazon Prime Video in August | Digital Trends
- The Only Movie Watch List You’ll Need This Summer
- The Best Shows on Apple TV+ (August 2021) | Digital Trends
- A genre reborn: Inside the evolution of the rom-com
- Like Leto's lukewarm Joker, 'Suicide Squad' is more sad than scary
- Shopify (SHOP) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Mobile Video Startup Quibi Is Jeffrey Katzenberg's $1.7 Billion Bet
- The 27 Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now (August 2021) | Digital Trends
- New this week: 'Cinderella,' Imagine Dragons, Selena Gomez
- Molly Shannon’s 25 Best Roles, Ranked
- Comedy Central caves to cancel culture, removes episode from 'The Office' line-up
- Electronic Arts Reveals Plans on When it Expects to Launch 'Anthem' | Digital Trends
- Welcome to the Era of Big Anime
- Ruby Dee, a Ringing Voice for Civil Rights, Onstage and Off, Dies at 91
Amazon Studios, Hulu And Disney Vet Elaine Paul Shifts To Lyft As CFO have 554 words, post on deadline.com at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.