The pact is the first licensing deal the streamer has struck with an African production company. It will see Amazon take exclusive, worldwide rights for Inkblot's slate of releases, post their theatrical runs.
Pics already confirmed include Inkblot's The Set Up 2, Moms at War 2, and New Money 3 as well as new titles such as Charge and Bail, Superstar and The Blood Covenant.
Founded by Chinaza Onuzo, Zulumoke Oyibo and Damola Ademola in 2011, Inkblot has become one of the buzziest producers in Nigeria – where the bustling local industry is known as Nollywood. Inkblot has released 16 films theatrically to date, including the highly successful The Wedding Party and The Wedding Party 2 , which are the country's second and third highest-grossing films respectively.
"We know Prime Video customers around the world love movies and this new deal with Inkblot Studios will deliver some of the best Nigerian and African films available for our customers," said Ayanna Lonian, Prime Video's Director of Content Acquisition and Head of Worldwide Major Studio Licensing Strategy. "Nigerian stories are truly some of the most exciting and thrilling in the world. The Inkblot deal will allow us to deliver great Nigerian movies, post their theatrical release in Nigeria, to our global audience, and will continue to build upon Prime Video's catalog and goal to delight Prime members."
"At Inkblot Studios, we produce some of the biggest and most creative, original films in the Nigerian film industry. We are very excited about the opportunity to showcase our films to Amazon Prime Video's over 200 million members. We believe that Nigerian films have a truly global appeal and are thrilled to be working with Amazon Prime Video to deliver the very best in entertainment worldwide," addedd Chinaza Onuzo, co-Founder of Inkblot Studios.
- Dave Bautista's My Spy Skipping Theaters for Amazon Prime Streaming Release
- Amazon to showcase SXSW movies in a virtual film festival on Prime Video
- How to watch Aeronauts for free on Amazon Prime – fly away with Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in this adventure
- Dave Bautista’s ‘My Spy’ Moves From STX to Amazon Prime
- Writer-Director Diego Enrique Osorno Inks First-Look Deal With Exile Content Studios
- Twitch Prime Games For April 2020: Free Bonus For All Amazon Prime Members
- Twitch Prime Games April 2020: Free Bonus For All Amazon Prime Members
- Twitch Prime Games April 2020: Free Bonus For Amazon Prime Members
- Twitch Prime Games April 2020: Free For Amazon Prime Members
- EXCLUSIVE: The Irishman producer speaks out about his battle with addiction and how he fought alongside Martin Scorsese to get the film made after stumbling across the novel in an Idaho bookstore
- Amazon Prime Members: Get These 5 PC Games Free Before They're Gone
- ‘The Peanut Butter Falcon’ Star Zack Gottsagen Inks Talent Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- Neena Gupta And Jitendra Kumar's Amazon Series Panchayat Takes Top Spot On IMDb's Trending List
- Stuck at Home and Low on Supplies, People Turn to Amazon
- SXSW Teaming With Amazon for Free Online Film Festival
- ‘On Becoming a God in Central Florida’ Ruled Drama, Not Comedy, by TV Academy (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Bosch' Season 6: Actor Jamie Hector Hopes New Episodes Will Take Fans Minds 'off Everything That's Going On' (Exclusive)
- ‘Tiger King’ Nabbed Over 34 Million U.S. Viewers in First 10 Days, Nielsen Says (EXCLUSIVE)
- Netflix Inks First-Look Deal With ‘Mouse Guard’ Comic Book Publisher BOOM! Studios
- The Best Amazon Devices for Music, Reading, TV, and Making Your Home Smarter
Amazon Prime Video Inks Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Producer Inkblot Studios have 594 words, post on deadline.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.