UK shows performed well at the European Broadcasting Union event, which also saw long-running BBC1 entertainment show Strictly Come Dancing take home Studio Entertainment, ITV 's Long Lost Family scoop Reality and Factual Entertainment and BBC1/AppleTV+'s 9/11: Inside the President's War Room win for Documentary.
The latter was one of three victories for director Adam Wishart's Wish/Art Films, which also won both News and Current Affairs and the coveted Golden Rose for ITV's Storming The Capital: The Inside Story, as correspondent Robert Moore was richly rewarded.
Netflix's French comedy/drama Call My Agent continued its success with the award for Comedy Drama & Sitcom and there was also a win for CBBC favourite Horrible Histories in Children and Youth.
Help creator Jack Thorne would have been delighted to see his lower-budget social realist drama, which starred Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham, overcome stiff competition from Netflix duo Squid Game and Bridgerton – the streamer's two most-watched TV shows of all time. The win came as distributor All3Media International sold Help to buyers across Europe, Australasia, and Asia and the feature is also due to air on Acorn TV in the U.S.
Netflix did win, however, for Burnham's musical comedy Inside, beating BBC triple Motherland, Famalam and Staged, along with Iceland Channel 2's Journey and Israeli channel HOT's The New Black 2 .
Soap or Telenovela
Children and Youth
News and Current Affairs and Golden Rose
Comedy Drama & Sitcom
Reality and Factual Entertainment
- TV Choice Awards 2020: Killing Eve's Jodie Comer scoops Best Actress for the SECOND year in a row as Peaky Blinders and Coronation Street lead winners for first virtual ceremony
- ‘Mank’ Welles Up Classic Debate: Who Wrote Oscar-Winning ‘Citizen Kane’ Script?
- With the 2018 Subaru Legacy, it's what's inside that counts
- Tony Nominee Reactions From Aaron Tveit, Jake Gyllenhaal, Blair Underwood & Others: Thank You, Wear A Mask & Vote – Update
- Giants never traded Mookie Betts, but here are their top 10 gifts to other teams
- FMIA Week 5: Rescheduled Games, Fired Coaches and Pain in Dallas—A Look Back at the NFL’s Newsy Sunday
- Queen's Birthday Honours list 2020 in full - from Marcus Rashford to 414 Covid heroes
- 25 Iconic Soundtrack Songs, Ranked
- Drew Barrymore professes her love of music videos while presenting at the MTV VMAs in a eye-catching metallic dress
- FMIA Week 4: 2020 NFL Weirdness Continues With Postponed Games, Positive Tests And, Oh Yeah, Football
- The Great American Bubble Machine
- 'A gorgeous, model of a man – I was there as he slipped away without a fuss': Sean Connery's widow Micheline reveals the final moments of the Bond star whose wit and charm defined an era as he dies aged 90
- Streaming This Weekend: Hubie Halloween, Scooby-Doo, American Pie & More
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 19
- I'm A Celebrity 2020 line-up rumours: Mo Farah, Shane Richie and Vernon Kay
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 1
- Marcus Rashford ‘set to miss BBC SPOTY shortlist’ despite Man Utd star’s brilliant charity work feeding needy kids
- Where are UK's Eurovision Song Contest entrants now - from EastEnders to bankruptcy
- The remarkable story of Terrace Marshall Jr.: How LSU's star receiver has emerged from the shadows
- Back to Baghdad: Life in the City of Doom
Rose d’Or Awards: Bo Burnham’s ‘Inside’ And Jack Thorne’s ‘Help’ Win Major Gongs have 574 words, post on deadline.com at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.