Filmmaker Karan Johar on Monday announced that his directorial venture Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani , featuring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt, is set to arrive in cinema halls on February 10, 2023. The movie also stars veteran actors Dharmendra, Jaya Bachchan and Shabana Azmi.
Johar took to social media to share the new release date of the film, alongside a 47 second-long behind-the-scenes video from “Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani”. “After 7 years, it gives me such joy & gratitude to be here and announcing that my next #RockyAurRaniKiPremKahani, a love story at its heart with the soul of family values – is releasing on 10th February, 2023,” the director wrote.
After 7 years, it gives me such joy & gratitude to be here and announcing that my next #RockyAurRaniKiPremKahani , a love story at its heart with the soul of family values – is releasing on 10th February, 2023. pic.twitter.com/jiSKI3Xdta
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) November 29, 2021
The makers had earlier said the film will be released in 2022. Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani , written by Ishita Moitra, Shashank Khaitan and Sumit Roy, marks Johar’s return to film direction after the 2016 romantic-drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil . The team commenced filming for the movie in August.
While promoting his comedy gig for Prime Video’s One Mic Stand , Johar had told PTI in an interview that his upcoming directorial venture was “not just rom-com but more of a family dramedy”. “It’s a family film – there’s drama, there’s comedy but there are a lot of internal family dynamics, which allow you to not slot it as just a rom-com,” the filmmaker had said in October.
Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani marks the first collaboration between Johar and Singh, who were set to team up for the historical drama Takht . This is also Johar’s first collaboration with Azmi and Dharmendra. While, Johar has previously worked with Bhatt both as a director and producer in numerous films including her 2012 debut Student of the Year , 2 States , Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania , Dear Zindagi , Raazi , Kalank . He has also directed Bachchan in the 2001 blockbuster family drama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham .
- Ban Ki-moon in fresh bid to resolve Burundian crisis
- Kashmir - Modi's BJP and its alliance partner off to a rocky start
- Amazon Prime series inspired by rocky life of Phoenix musician
- Iranian court jails US-Iranians for 10 years for spying
- Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City signings, speculation and more
- M Night Shyamalan confirms two new films for Universal
- New judge for Cambodia's war crimes court
- Deadly flu strain sweeps the US killing five children with a little girl, 6, the latest to die
- Experts fear worst for Kashmir after 2014
- Chelsea vs Swansea: What time is kick-off, what TV channel is it on and what is the latest team news for the Premier League clash?
- What TV channel is Chelsea vs Swansea on, what time is kick-off and what is latest team news?
- September Monsoon Season
- Trump whistleblower complaint: Read full declassified document
- 27 of the best pictures from Enda Kenny’s political career – the highs, the lows and those cringe-worthy photoshoots
- UN 'concerned' about security in Afghanistan
- What's new on Netflix for November 2017 - best TV and films to watch including The Punisher
- Drying Out
- House Bill 6 referendum fight heats up fast: Capitol Letter
- O'Brien new security adviser
- +++ Brussels bombing aftermath - live updates +++
Ranveer Singh-Alia Bhatt's Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani’ To Release On February 10, 2023 have 586 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.