Liza Minnelli performs “Cabaret” live in 1967
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Oscar-winner will be saying ‘Wilkommen, bienvenue and welcome” to audiences as he takes on the legendary role of the MC at the Kit Kat Club in Kander and Ebb’s extraordinary musical. Redmayne and Buckley’s double act is already the hottest ticket in town but teh opening number of tonight’s Strictly Come Dancing will only make everyone even more desperate to get down to the coolest club in town. But when and where is it on and how can you get tickets?
Eddie Redmayne stars in Cabaret (Image: PH )
Eddie Redmayne in Cabaret:
Cabaret started previews at the Playhouse Theatre, which has been transformed into the Kit Kat Club, on November 15. Opening night is December 9. Redmayne will play the outrageous Emcee, whose iconic numbers include Money Makes The World Go Round. Buckley takes on the Liz Minelli role of Sally Bowles and that showstopping title track.
For tickets and more information go to: www.theplayhousetheatre.co.uk/cabaret
Eddie Redmayne stars in Cabaret at the Southwark Playhouse (Image: PH )
Cabaret at the Southwark Playhouse (Image: PH )
The leading star has promised something very special for theatregoers.
Redmayne recently told Graham Norton: “Jessie and I love the musical so decided to investigate it in a different way. It's properly immersive for the audience, you really feel like you are in the Kit Kat Club in Berlin."
Jessie added: “It's been so fun, and the company is amazing, the director is amazing, and Eddie is alright!”
READ MORE Frozen review: Spectacular staging will thrill fans of Disney cartoon Jersey Boys review: Return of The Four Seasons musical falls flat Mary Poppins review: Joyous show is practically perfect in every way
Eddie Redmayne on Graham Norton (Image: GETTY)
The Playhouse has been transformed into an in-the-round amphitheatre, recreating the decadent and exciting atmosphere of the mythical Kit Kat Club. Audience members are encouraged to come early to make the most of the pre-show entertainment, drinks and dining.
Unfortunately, one person who won’t be able to come is Redmayne’s gran, so he put on a special show for her.
He explained: "She is nearly 100 and not able to come and see the show, so I went to her care home with the karaoke version of the musical and performed the whole thing for her – even Jessie's parts. She definitely dropped off – she said she was closing her eyes because she was enjoying it so much!"
Jessie Buckley on Graham Norton (Image: PA )
Cabaret is set in the troubled years as Nazism began to rise in Germany. At one outrageous Berlin club, all of society’s misfits seek sanctuary, joined by new American arrival Sally.
In this new production, the rest of the main cast is rounded out by Omari Douglas as 'Cliff Bradshaw', Liza Sadovy as 'Fraulein Schneider', Elliot Levey as 'Herr Schultz', Stewart Clarke as 'Ernst Ludwig' and Anna-Jane Casey as 'Fraulein Kost'.
- Hal Prince dies at 91; Broadway giant won 21 Tonys for musicals including ‘Cabaret,’ ‘Phantom’
- The Resurrection of Johnny Cash
- Finale Recap: Ho, Ho, Hoes
- The Latest: World Games to shift dates to avoid OLY overlap
- The Latest: NJ Devils make donation for medical equipment
- Antony's Meltdown – review
- Rachel Cooke on criticism: ‘What is the point of a critic if not to tell the truth?’
- Coronavirus: 12 cancelled events we'll be missing out on this summer
- DailyMailTV EXCLUSIVE: Luann de Lesseps is 'back in the driver's seat' on RHONY after some 'tough times' ... and promises season 12 will be the best in years
- Sex, booze, drugs and Mozart
- The Real Housewives Are (Barely) Surviving Their Quarantines: ‘I Haven’t Had Hard Food in 10 Days’
- How Edinburgh changed British comedy
- Louise Redknapp FINALLY breaks silence on split and ‘hard times’ with husband Jamie during This Morning appearance – but she’s still wearing her wedding ring
- Conor McGregor destroys Donald Cerrone in 40 seconds on UFC return
Eddie Redmayne in Cabaret: When does Cabaret start? How to get tickets have 760 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 20, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.