The deal will see Wondery handle exclusive advertising sales, marketing, distribution, and licensing rights for at least 18 GZM shows and will include existing and new shows.
Wondery will also have a first-look at all new shows developed by Gen-Z Media over the course of the partnership.
Gen-Z Media, which was founded in 2018 by Benjamin Strouse, David Kreizman and Chris Tarry, is behind podcasts such as the 2016 Peabody-Award winning mystery The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel, which is being adapted by Disney+.
GZM shows include the soon-to-be launched Six Minutes Rewind, as well as Tomorrow.
These shows will remain free to podcast listeners but subscribers to Wondery+ Kids and Amazon Prime and Amazon Music members will be able to get them ad-free.
The deal was negotiated by UTA.
"Wondery's goal has always been to partner with the best creators to offer premium podcasts for all listeners. Our new partnership with Gen-Z Media allows us to expand our kids and family content offering further", said Jen Sargent, Chief Executive Officer of Wondery. "Wondery strives to be the best one-stop-shop for kids, families, and people of all ages and we are thrilled to welcome the GZM team to the Wondery family".
"We are thrilled to have our series of family shows featured among the other fantastic Wondery and Amazon Music programming, and together with our new partners look forward to growing the Kids and Family category into a major draw for listeners of all ages," added Ben Strouse, CEO of Gen-Z Media.
- Freddie Flintoff reveals how he deals with nosey parents - and why his kids are 'to blame' for his friendship with Robbie Savage
- 'I don't think Trump has much knowledge of Sweden': Why former Obama aides are bringing hit US podcast to Stockholm
- Facebook News Feed changes are a case of ‘keep calm and carry on’ says Trinity Mirror’s digital director
- Interview: Gary Jardine on his City, parking and pyramids
- Brian Kennedy admits to not having sex for FOUR YEARS because he feared getting HIV
- Glasgow Means Business with Kate Galbally of Better Organised
- Ex-Cuba prisoner Gross criticizes U.S. plan to foster internet on island
- Countryside award for goat meat farmers
- House a mess? The 20/10 rule will change the way you clean
- Hobbit holes, carnivals, northern lights and Madonna's palace ... the hippest places to escape for the half-term holidays
- The hippest places to escape for the half-term holidays
- RONNY TERRY'S Top-Ten New-Year Weight Loss Tips
- 'Swedish people love it, but they find it quite odd'
- Trump criticises Republicans as he calls for major gun law changes
- New Zealand PM will be the first leader to give birth in office in almost 30 years
- Backing for multi-million pound scheme to transform landmark former Sheffield Co-op into tech hub
Wondery Expands Into Kids Podcasting With Gen-Z Media Deal have 480 words, post on deadline.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.