The film will be distributed to UK theaters by Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. and make its streaming premiere following the close of its theatrical window via AMC Network's Shudder , which negotiated exclusive North American rights with Well Go.
Hannah John-Kamen ( Red Sonja , Black Mirror ) and Douglas Booth ( Loving Vincent , The Dirt ) star in the creature feature, as a couple who escape their urban nightmare to the tranquility of rural Ireland, only to hear stories of mysterious beings who live in the gnarled, ancient wood at the foot of their new garden. As warned by their new neighbors, in Irish mythology, the Redcaps will come when called to help souls in dire need of rescue, but it's crucial to remember that there is always a dear price to pay for their aid.
The film scripted by Wright and Mark Stay also stars Golden Globe nominee Colm Meaney ( Star Trek: Deep Space Nine ), Jamie-Lee O'Donnell ( 6 Degrees ), Chris Walley ( The Young Offenders ) and Kristian Nairn ( Game of Thrones ).
Piers Tempest and Peter Touche produced, with Jo Bamford, Sebastian Barker, Jamie Jessop, Janine Modder, Andrea Scarso, Matt Williams, Michael Reuter, Doris Pfardrescher, Alison Thompson, and Mark Gooder exec producing, and Lauren Cox serving as co-producer.
"We are thrilled to bring this new spin on an age-old Irish legend to North American horror fans, who may or may not know about the legend behind this mysterious group of faerie folk," said Pfardrescher, who serves as Well Go USA Entertainment's President and CEO. "The entire ensemble of stellar, tried-and-true cast and crew members have really outdone themselves bringing this story to life, and we believe audiences will be delighted by the result."
Jason Pfardrescher negotiated the Well Go USA acquisition deal, with Emily Gotto brokering Shudder's.
- The elusive American wilderness: in search of my own private Idaho
- Michael Caine and Lena Headey’s Modern-Day ‘Oliver Twist’ Sells to Saban
- All-American Despair
- The Best TV Shows to Watch on Netflix Right Now
- How American sports franchises are selling their cities short
- How the right’s radical thinktanks reshaped the Conservative party
- How to watch the best films of all time: The movies that a top critic rates as the best in genre - and the streaming services where you can see them - UPDATED with the list from the final episode and downloads
- Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring
- 40 Under 40: Music's Top Young Power Players Revealed
- Growing Up Sixty-Four
- How Isis crippled al-Qaida
- Faith No More: How Rock’s Most Contrarian Band Made Up and Came Back
- Breaking down the controversies around ‘Ghost in the Shell’
- 'Stop This BLATANT CENSORSHIP': The Poor, Confused Souls Sending Their YouTube Complaints to the FCC
- #Comicsgate: How an Anti-Diversity Harassment Campaign in Comics Got Ugly—and Profitable
- Tina Turner: Sole Survivor
- Revealed: Billboard's 2017 Indie Power Players, Led by Big Machine's Scott Borchetta
- “Fixer Upper” Is Over, But Waco’s Transformation Is Just Beginning
- Here Are All of the Movies That Sold at Sundance This Year
- From farms and coal mines to airports and water supplies: How China is gobbling up millions of acres of land, vital infrastructure and companies - as part of its 'disturbing' plan to exert greater influence and control over Australia
Well Go USA Acquires North American Rights To Irish Creature Feature ‘Unwelcome’, Sells Streaming Rights To Shudder have 570 words, post on deadline.com at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.