EXCLUSIVE: Pantaya has signed a deal with Fremantle and Fabula to develop a slate of eight new series. The agreement folds into Pantaya's plans of aggressively ramping up production capacity of original content for the service.
The companies recently collaborated on the Spanish language series Señorita 89 slated as marquee properties in early 2022 and El Refugio which recently wrapped production.
"We are delighted to continue working with our friends at Fremantle and Fabula after two successful productions," said Paul Presburger, CEO of Pantaya, in a statement. " Señorita 89 and El Refugio are unique and exciting premium series that are exceptionally well made. We're excited for our subscribers to be able to watch the series soon and for new viewers to discover this high-end content on the Pantaya platform. We're eager to expand this partnership and create even more exceptional projects that audiences will love."
Added Ángela Poblete, Head of Regional Television at Fabula, "We've been working with Pantaya for two years on an alliance full of wonderful experiences. We're thrilled about their respect for creative freedom and the trust they've put in our work. The result is this alliance which will bring new and exciting content for sure."
Señorita 89 is written and directed by Lucia Puenzo and an ensemble cast which includes Ilse Salas, Juan Manuel Bernal, Ximena Romo, Natasha Dupeyron, Bárbara López, Luis Ernesto Franco, Edwarda Gurrola, and Ianis Guerrero.
The series is executive produced by Juan de Dios and Pablo Larraín, Angela Poblete and Mariane Hartard at Fabula with Christian Vesper from Fremantle. Pantaya holds the rights to the series in the U.S. and Puerto Rico and Starzplay will stream it in Latin America and Spain.
El Refugio is a Spanish-language co-production between Starzplay, Pantaya, Fremantle, and Fabula. It stars Alberto Guerra, Ana Claudia Talancón, and Zuria Vega; and directed by Pablo Fendrik. The series recently wrapped principal photography after 10 weeks of filming in rural areas around Santiago de Chile.
- DeepMind Health inks new deal with UK’s NHS to deploy Streams app in early 2017
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Robert Kirkman Inks Overall Deal With Amazon Studios
- Jenni Konner Inks Overall Deal With Fox 21 TV Studios
- Ryan Murphy Inks Giant Deal With Netflix
- Jenni Konner Signs Overall Deal at Fox 21 Television Studios
- Fremantle Teams With New Drama Producer Three Tables For ‘The Robber Baron’s Daughter’ Adaptation
- Fremantle Adapting 'The Robber Baron's Daughter' Under Deal With Three Tables
- China wants US trade deal but 'not afraid' to fight: Xi Jinping
- Rare earth mineral deal inked by US and Australia — what does that mean?
- Ava DuVernay Inks $100M Multi-Year, Multi-Genre Warner Bros TV Overall Deal
- Sony Acquires AT&T’s 42% Game Show Network Stake In Deal Worth $500M
- DeepMind Health inks another 5-year NHS app deal in face of ongoing controversy
- Greg Berlanti Inks Mega $300+ Million New Overall Deal To Stay At Warner Bros. TV Through 2024
- Cuco Inks Seven-Figure Deal With Interscope After Lengthy Courtship, Bidding War: Exclusive
- Smartworks inks largest coworking deal in Pune with 0.5m sqft
- Director Melina Matsoukas Inks First-Look Deal With FX Productions
- Samsung SDI Inks 10-Year Deal to Supply BMW with EV Batteries
- ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’ Helmer Fede Alvarez Inks Overall Film Deal With Legendary, Will Direct D.C.-Set Horror Pic
- DeepMind NHS health data deal had ‘no lawful basis’
- Sri Lanka signs deal on Hambantota port with China
Pantaya Inks Development Deal With Fabula And Fremantle have 570 words, post on deadline.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.