The Killing Eve star will play Tessa in this one-person play, a young, brilliant barrister who loves to win and has worked her way up from working class origins to be at the top of her game, prosecuting, cross-examining and lighting up the shadows of doubt in any case. An unexpected event forces here to confront the lines where patriarchal power of the law, burden of proof and morals diverge.
Prima Facie is directed by Justin Martin and performances begin on Friday April 15 at the Harold Pinter Theatre for a strict limited 9-week season.
Comer has most recently starred in 20 th Century Studios' Free Guy and The Last Duel , directed by Ridley Scott. She first hit the international scene with her role in Killing Eve . Next year she's reunited with Scott for Apple Studios' Kitbag , where she'll play Napoleon Bonaparte's beloved Josephine opposite Joaquin Phoenix.
Miller's play Prima Facie , which premiered in 2019 at the Griffin Theatre in Australia, won the 2020 Australian Writers' Guild Award for Drama; the 2020 David Williamson Award for Outstanding Theatre Writing; and the 2020 Major Australian Writers' Guild Award across all categories of theatre, film, and television. Previous plays include Caress/Ache and Sunset Strip (Griffin Theatre); Dust (Black Swan); The Mathematics of Longing (La Boite); SOLD (Theatre 503); Cross Sections and Driving into Walls (Sydney Opera House).
Martin recently co-directed BBC Films' Together with Stephen Daldry, which starred James McAvoy and Sharon Hogan and is currently developing a film adaptation of hit play The Jungle for the BBC. That play most recently played in San Francisco, New York's St. Ann's Warehouse at at The Young Vic in London's West End.
Prima Facie is produced by James Bierman for Empire Street Productions.
- Jodie Foster Makes It Work
- All the living room's a stage: PATRICK MARMION dips his toe in immersive online theatre
- 'She's not in contact with him': Kim Kardashian West is 'planning a Valentine's Day celebration without Kanye West' amid 'divorce'
- ‘Truth To Power’, ‘I Care A Lot’ Debut; ‘Nomadland’ Hits Theaters And Hulu – Specialty Preview
- Popstar or flopstar? The best and worst of TV acts that have tried to make it big
- Denise Van Outen makes return to music after pulling out of Dancing On Ice
- ‘Spirited Away’: Hayao Miyazaki’s Classic Animated Oscar Winner To Be Adapted For The Stage
- Police 'are told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just ONE verbal warning' as three officers 'arrest a woman for sitting on a bench' and another is surrounded for 'leaving her house more than once'
- The Private Lives of Liza Minnelli (The Rainbow Ends Here)
- Coachella 2013: Phoenix Bring Out R. Kelly for Triumphant Headlining Set
- Why Health Advice on 'Oprah' Could Make You Sick
- SXSW Film Festival Unveils Full Lineup; Charli XCX Quarantine Feature To Close Fest; Tom Petty Docu Set As Centerpiece
- Bumble founder becomes a billionaire at 31: Woman exec who quit Tinder after accusing male co-founders of sexually harassing her floats her female-friendly dating app for $13bn
- Bono's daughter Eve Hewson takes centre stage in Netflix series Behind Her Eyes
- Black Sabbath on the Making of ‘Vol. 4’: ‘It Was Absolute Pandemonium’
- Black Caps and Australia stars set for T20 battle after landing big IPL paydays
- IMO: How Uzodimma is making himself another Mbakwe — Emelumba
- Harry and Meghan: What to expect from the LA birthing set
- 'It hasn't been the fantasy land I thought it would be': Documentary goes inside 'creepy' Florida utopia for senior citizens that it claims has sinister underbelly of racism, orgies, drunken debauchery and make-believe history
- On My Screen: ‘Cherry’s Tom Holland On His Film & TV Favorites, First Acting Lessons & The Co-Star He’s Annoyed The Most
Jodie Comer Set To Make West End Stage Debut In One-Woman Show ‘Prima Facie’ have 631 words, post on deadline.com at October 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.