Courtney Barnett has penned the theme song for upcoming Apple TV + series Harriet the Spy . The track, a punky two-minute number called "Smile Real Nice," will appear over the credits of the new animation adaptation of the children's story.
"I don't wanna be/You don't wanna be/We don't wanna be told what to do," Barnett sings on the feisty theme song. "No I won't cut my hair/And I'll wear whatever I like!"
Harriet the Spy is set to premiere on Apple TV+ on November 19th and stars Beanie Feldstein as the voice of Harriet. Jane Lynch and Lacey Chabert will also appear as the voices of Ole Golly and Marion Hawthorne. Barnett's song provides the backing to the show's new trailer as well.
Barnett's new album, Things Take Time, Take Time , drops November 12th via Mom + Pop Music and Marathon Artists. She told Rolling Stone that it's an album about finding "some sort of joy and gratitude, out of some sort of pain and sadness."
The musician will kick off a North American tour this fall, starting at the Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas on November 29th. The trek will go through early 2022, making stops at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium on January 28th and New York City's Radio Music Hall on February 5th. Bartees Strange, Julia Jacklin, and Shamir will support.
- TikTok songs 2020: What are the most popular tunes on the app?
- In a virtual escape room, a family ﬁnds clues for getting through their reality
- Cinema's coming home! Grab the popcorn, dim the lights and settle in for our pick of this summer's sensational new films - and thanks to the lockdown, you'll be able to watch most them in your own living room...
- Meet The Women Who Are Building A Better Romance Industry
- Karyn Hay: still a rebel
- Nick Cave: 'I have to spend hours talking to fucking idiots like you'
- Are Moira and Cain going to get back together in Emmerdale?
- Daily Beast Reporters Remember Legendary Journalist Christopher Dickey
- Are Moira Barton and Cain going to get back together? Emmerdale’s Jeff Hordley has spoken out about Cain’s dilemma
- Ban or No Ban: Here's Why Indians Don't Need Chinese Apps
Hear Courtney Barnett’s Feisty Theme Song for ‘Harriet the Spy’ have 391 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.