Bill Maher obliterated the Oscars Friday night … musing that the choices the Academy is making for best films require a name change to the Debbies … as in Debbie Downer!!! The ‘Real Time’ host ticked off the nominees for Best Motion Pic, and viewing may require a serious dose of Prozac, ’cause they’re all super depressing. Real Time with Bill Maher/HBO Bill goes down the list — “Judas and the Black Messiah,” “Promising Young Woman, “The Sound of Metal,” “Nomadland,” “The Father,” “Minari” … Bill describes each and then lowers the boom with this … “The 2021`Oscars, brought to you by razor blades, Kleenex and rope.” It’s a hilarious ride … Bill wonders, “What happened to show business? Did they all decide to quit cocaine at the same time?” It wasn’t just funny … Bill had a point — "Academy nominations used to say, 'What great movies we make. Now they say, 'Look what good people we are.'" Again … best political show on TV.
- The Highs, Lows, and Whoas of the 2017 Oscars
- The Rolling Stones: 'We are theatre and reality at the same time'
- Oscars 2017’s Biggest Controversies: Casey Affleck, Mel Gibson, and ‘La La Land’
- Martin Landau, Oscar Winner for 'Ed Wood,' Dies at 89
- It’s Time to Start Liking Tom Cruise Again
- Did Daniel Day-Lewis Really Freak Out His Co-star on
- Inglis Sires’: King’s Legacy proves his worth in Group 1 sprint
- Why Rogue One Is Better Than Every George Lucas Prequel Combined
- Movie reviews: Netflix films Love Wedding Repeat and Tigertail
- The Unexpected Secrets Behind Renée Zellweger's Epic Movie Transformations
Bill Maher Skewers Oscars, Did They All Quit Coke at Same Time? have 260 words, post on www.tmz.com at October 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.