Netflix is ramping up its documentary series team in the UK with a pair of key hires.
Adam Hawkins will join the streamer later this year from Raw, where he was U.S. Creative Director and had credits including Don't F**k with Cats and Three Identical Strangers . At Netflix he will lead the documentary series team in the UK, reporting to LA-based Director of Documentary Series, Gabe Spitzer.
Also joining the company is Nelesh Dhand as Manager, Documentary Series. He arrives from Pulse films where he worked on projects including Dead Asleep and Hair Power: Me and My Afro.
The pair join a doc series team that already includes Benedict Kelly, Manager Unscripted Series and Daisy Lilley, Manager Unscripted Series.
Also based in London but on doc features are: Kate Townsend, Vice President, Documentary Features, Jonny Taylor, Director Documentary Features, Reva Sharma, Manager Documentary Features and Zainab Ali Khan, Coordinator.
"As Netflix continues to cement its reputation for producing best in class, highly talkable documentaries across a wide range of genres, I am delighted to have Adam leading our commissioning strategy in the UK," says Gabe Spitzer. "Netflix is committed to investing in the best talent and programming in the UK and both Adam and Nelesh have enviable track records in bringing must-watch stories to screens."
- Meet Netflix's Ted Sarandos, the most powerful man in Hollywood
- 6 ways to beat Netflix price hike saving you up to £72 a year
- Netflix to make documentary about the Yorkshire Ripper
- Notorious UK serial killer will be subject of Netflix doc
- The new TV and film releases on Netflix in September
- This is what's coming to Netflix UK in September 2019
- Sir David Attenborough tops Netflix's most-watched shows
- Glee coming to Netflix in June, plus the schedule for 2019
- Who are Boris Johnson's key advisers?
- Raw image of new mum just after birth strikes chord with parents
- The Queen is hiring someone to run her social media accounts
- The RAF, army and Royal Navy are hiring pilots
- Javid to HMRC: Make no-deal planning top priority
- The best beaches in the UK revealed for 2019
- Here are the Netflix releases coming this August
- What's new to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Sky/NOW TV in July
- New on Netflix in September 2019
- New on Netflix July 2019
- The Hull Culture List 2019: The 50 people who make our city cool
- 'Ethical' BBC will defeat Netflix and Amazon, says Lord Hall
Netflix Makes Key UK Documentary Hires From Raw & Pulse have 391 words, post on deadline.com at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.