Breaking News Getty 7:03 PM PT — The Miami Heat say the organization “vehemently condemns” the anti-Semitic comment made by Leonard, and have announced he will NOT be with the team while the NBA investigates the situation. "The Miami HEAT vehemently condemns the use of any form of hate speech. The words used by Meyers Leonard were wrong and we will not tolerate hateful language from anyone associated with our franchise,” the Heat tell TMZ Sports. “To hear it from a Miami HEAT player is especially disappointing and hurtful to all those who work here, as well as the larger South Florida, Miami HEAT and NBA communities. The team continued … “Meyers Leonard will be away from the team indefinitely. The Miami HEAT will cooperate with the NBA while it conducts its investigation." 4:57 PM PT — Meyers Leonard is now apologizing for the incident … claiming he didn’t know what the word meant at the time, but says his “ignorance about its history” is not an excuse. “I am now more aware of its meaning and I am committed to properly seeking out people who can help educate me about this type of hate and how we can fight… Read full this story
- Labour Candidate For Clacton Steps Down Amid Growing Anti-Semitism Allegations - Reports
- 'I wish people would just leave me alone': Transgender woman weeps after couple 'hit and spit on her in shocking attack on subway train'
- Ohio State Confirms Embattled Football Coach Urban Meyer Will Step Down After Rose Bowl
- Camila Cabello shares passionate kiss with Shawn Mendes as pair leave post-Grammys bash on a partybus
- Camila Cabello sizzles in a sheer net mini dress while holding hands with beau Shawn Mendes as they leave the Sony Music Grammys after-party
- Have Hong Kong's feared triads taken sides in protests? Groups of masked men all wearing white descend on anti-Chinese activists and brutally beat them on another night of violence
- The Sudden
- Dr D's column: Nobel-winner drowned in gene pool controversy
- Trump savages firefighters union's 'dues-sucking' leaders for endorsing Joe Biden as Obama's VP hits the 2020 campaign trail for the first time
- I'm campaigning on 'truth over lies': Biden rallies union workers in Pittsburgh to start his 2020 presidential run saying he is in the rust belt to beat Trump - and is rewarded by chants of 'We love Joe'
Meyers Leonard Apologizes For Using Anti-Semitic Slur, On Indefinite Leave From Heat have 380 words, post on www.tmz.com at September 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.