There’s no denying that Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Rang De Basanti is one of the most loved films of Bollywood. The film starred Aamir Khan, Siddharth, Soha Ali Khan, Sharman Joshi, Kunal Kapoor and Alice Patten in the lead roles. In his recent interview with a leading daily, when Kunal who played the role Aslam Khan, was asked about the best memory from his journey, he recalled how a doctor who was settled in the US wanted to move back to India, after watching the film.
Kunal further added, when learnt about the same, he realised the power of art.
“There have been many good things, but when Rang De Basanti happened, I remember during this one theatre visit when a particular person read out a letter from his sister who was in the states. That letter said, ‘I am a doctor and after watching your movie I want to come back to India because the RDB dialogue ‘kuch badalna hai toh khud ko badalna hoga’ really affected me’. And that made me realise the power of art and the possibility of what happens when it goes right,” recalled Kunal while speaking to Times Of India.
In the same interview, when Kunal was asked if there’s any bad memory related to any film, without mentioning any project’s name, Kunal said that he feels disappointed when he signs a film and thinks that it will turn out in a certain way, but it does not.
“That gives you a sinking feeling. Sometimes a good script doesn’t translate into a good film and that can be very disappointing,” asserted Kunal.
- ‘To silence a critic’: Rahul Gandhi backs Kunal Kamra
- Coronavirus Scare: IndiGo, Air India suspend flights between India and China
- Coronavirus in India? Two who returned from China under watch in Mumbai; isolation ward set up
- Doctor Who series 11 episode 6 Demons of the Punjab review: A chance for Yaz to shine in India's troubled past
- Heal thyself: meet the doctors living with the conditions they treat
- Guest article by Nandita Das: Manto’s India... present, continuous, tense
- Govt panel wants stay on metro carshed in Aarey Colony lifted
- Doctors are on standby at Heathrow to meet any sick passengers arriving from China as all 31 patients tested for coronavirus in UK are CLEARED and Border Force hunts 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks
- Now killer virus reaches Europe: Hunt is on in UK for 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks as France declares three cases and first British patient to be tested reveals treatment in 'spaceman suits'
- Three Japanese citizens evacuated from Wuhan test POSITIVE for new coronavirus that has killed 170 - as the Philippines and India become the latest countries to confirm cases
- Piers Morgan presents a delighted Donald Trump with a Churchill hat - as the President reveals all about his state visit including Charles' climate change lecture, how Harry 'couldn't have been nicer' and what he REALLY thinks of Meghan
- Doctor Who Breaks Bad: David Tennant Opens Up About His Terrifying ‘Jessica Jones’ Supervillain
- ‘Monster hiding in plain sight’: Grace Tame’s ‘repulsive’ schoolgirl sexual abuse ordeal revealed
- Former Kansas City Chiefs QB Alex Smith reveals amputation, death fears after sickening injury
- Protection in lieu of money: Davinder Singh’s close association with Hizbul revealed
- Nearby star we’ve watched for 180 years now mysteriously ‘dimming’ – and scientists are baffled
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attempt to trademark their Sussex Royal brand is blocked after legal complaint from Australian doctor
- News updates from Hindustan Times at 5 pm: At all party meeting, Akali Dal changes its stand on citizenship law again and all the latest news at this hour
- Ex-pharmaceutical exec gets 5 1/2 years for pushing opioid
- Ex-Pharmaceutical Exec Gets 5 1/2 Years in Jail for Pushing Opioids
Kunal Kapoor Reveals A Doctor From The US Wanted To Move Back To India After Watching Rang De Basanti! have 650 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.