The bit began with Noah introducing Isbell as a new musical sidekick, there to peel off a few guitar licks to punctuate the host's punchlines. The topic of the evening was a company's new airplane where the windows would be replaced with screens showing things like natural landscapes instead of, well, the actual natural landscape.
But where Noah's jokes were absolute groaners undeserving of a tasty riff, Isbell had the whole Daily Show crew laughing as he joked that a better improvement to the planes would be making the bathrooms bigger: "Those doors are so small, I don't even have room to sit down when I pee! That's why I fly Spirit Airlines — the whole plane's the bathroom!" (A frustrated Noah shouted, "Hey, Spirit Airlines is my thing!")
Along with participating in the bit, Isbell joined Noah for an actual interview where he spoke about his new covers compilation, Georgia Blue , which he promised to make if Joe Biden won the state in the 2020 election. Isbell also spoke about his efforts to return to the road safely amid Covid-19, which have included requiring audiences to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test.
"I got into this business and this job because I wanted to enjoy my life, and this is the thing that I loved doing the most," Isbell said. "And I worked hard for a long time and got real lucky, and finally got to a point where I don't feel like I'm going to work when I get up on stage to do my job. But if I'm up there worried about people getting sick in the audience, and maybe people dying because they came to that show — I'm not enjoying my job. It shouldn't have come down to us, it shouldn't come down to entertainers, it shouldn't come down to venue or promoters; in my opinion, there should've been leadership from the top. We shouldn't have had to step out and say, 'I'm gonna do this.'"
- Trevor Noah Slams All-Male Oscar Directing Noms: "Where Was 'Little Women'?"
- Trevor Noah Reacts to CNN Democratic Throwdown: "The Whitest Debate Yet"
- Bonnaroo 2016: 5 Best Country and Americana Moments
- New to Netflix UK for November 2018 - best films and TV to watch
- Jennifer Aniston SHOCKS as she wins best actress for The Morning Show as ex Brad Pitt, Renee Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix and Laura Dern all continue winning streaks at SAG Awards
- Red Sox fans let team owner John Henry know they want Jason Varitek as manager
- Stephen Colbert Calls Out Former Boss Louis C.K. Over ‘Disturbing’ Allegations
- All the projects coming to Quibi, Jeffrey Katzenberg's bite-size streaming service
- Critics' Choice Awards: Annabelle Wallis dazzles in a plunging silver sequin backless gown as she scores another red carpet style win
- Donald Trump Is a Gift, and a Quandary, for Late-Night Hosts
- Grammy Awards 2018: Bruno Mars sweeps, Jay-Z snubbed
- Lilly Singh: From YouTube Superwoman to NBC Late Night TV Trailblazer
- KHACHATRIAN: Ellen DeGeneres Should Host The Oscars This Year
- How Jimmy Kimmel Found His Political Voice
- Rachel Brosnahan beams while taking group selfie with her glam squad ahead of Golden Globe Awards
- Late-night hosts tackle Trump's tax report: 'Worst businessman in America'
- Calendar feedback Jan. 19: White guilt: Good or bad?
- Taylor Swift doc among movies headed to 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Final 2019 MaxPreps Top 50 national high school baseball rankings
- Every 2017 Summer Movie You Need to See
Jason Isbell Bests Trevor Noah in a Battle of Airplane Jokes on ‘The Daily Show’ have 613 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.