Pearl Jam are returning from a three-year live hiatus on Saturday night when they headline the Sea.Hear.Now Festival on the Asbury Park, New Jersey, beachfront. They had plans to tour the world last year in support of Gigaton , but they were forced to postpone everything due to the pandemic. That means they haven't faced a live audience since their September 4th, 2018, show at Fenway Park. It's the longest break of their 30-year career.
The two-day festival will also feature sets by Patti Smith, the Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Idol, Lord Huron, Ani DiFranco, and many others. Patti Scialfa was on the original bill, but she dropped off last month due to "unforeseen circumstances."
The news makes it significantly less likely that Bruce Springsteen will sit in with Pearl Jam for a couple of songs, but far from impossible. The festival is organized by photographer Danny Clinch, a longtime Springsteen associate. It also takes place a short drive from Springsteen's home, and he's been making unannounced Asbury Park appearances for decades. In 2018, he dropped in during Social Distortion's Sea.Hear.Now set .
He's also played with Eddie Vedder many times over the years, going all the way back to 2002 when the Pearl Jam frontman came onstage at a Chicago E Street Band show for "My Hometown." Their most recent duet took place on March 24th, 2016, at Seattle's Key Arena when Vedder sang "Bobby Jean" during a stop on the River tour. Check out video right here.
Surprisingly, Springsteen has never returned the favor by coming onstage at a Pearl Jam concert. It would be amazing if that finally changes on Saturday night, but it'll be an unforgettable evening for Pearl Jam fans no matter what happens. They have an entire new album's worth of songs that have never been played live. If Springsteen decides to drop by for a few songs, all the better.
- 'Bruce Springsteen Was in His Dressing Room': 'We Love NYC' Producer on the Effort to Keep the Concert Going
- Bruce Springsteen Headlines Concert Celebrating NYC’s Coronavirus Recovery as City’s Cases Surge
- Santana and Rob Thomas Perform ‘Smooth’, ‘Move’ at NYC ‘Homecoming’ Concert
- Watch Jennifer Hudson Perform ‘Nessun Dorma’ at NYC ‘Homecoming’ Concert
- Journey Perform ‘Don’t Stop Believin” at NYC ‘Homecoming’ Show
- Watch LL Cool J and Friends Perform at NYC ‘Homecoming’ Show
- Sunday Conversation: The Killers On Their Intimate And Different New Album, Supergroups And Literature
- Hurricane Henri Abruptly Ends NYC Concert to 60,000 Vaccinated Fans Celebrating City's 'Recovery' from Coronavirus
- Superstar bash in Central Park expected to draw thousands
- Jon Bon Jovi: Trump's Candidacy 'Scares the Sh*t Out of Me'
- Every state's most iconic rock venue
- Olympic Latest: France earns gold for 1st volleyball medal
- Jimmy Tarbuck says showbiz legend Des O'Connor 'will be up in heaven laughing'
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Lead Stirring Grammy Tribute to Glenn Frey
- 47 photos of historical music festivals from Woodstock to Coachella
- Sean Penn still has more to say
- Obama's birthday party guests leave early because of traffic 'sh-- show'
- What Is Going on With Obama’s 60th Birthday Bash?
- Royal Family news – Utter HUMILIATION for Meghan and Harry ‘as Barack & Michelle Obama choose Team Queen over Sussexes’
- Books to Fill Your Shelves in 2017, Suggested by Legendary Leaders
Flashback: Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder Perform ‘Bobby Jean’ in 2016 have 550 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.