Former WWE star Al Snow is being hailed as a hero … after the wrestling legend saved a child’s life Thursday by jumping in the ocean and pulling the boy from a riptide.
The incredible act of bravery all went down at Santa Rosa Beach in Destin, Fla. … when Snow — who gained fame in the 1990s for carrying and talking to a mannequin head named “Head” during matches — says he heard yelling and screaming while he was in the water.
Snow says when he looked around, he saw a boy being hit by waves while being pulled away by a rough current.
58-year-old Snow says a lifeguard was on the beach … but added, “I knew she wasn’t going to make it in time” — so he sprung into action.
“I made it, thank God,” Snow said. “And, I caught him just by the arm just as a wave started to pull him even further out. If I hadn’t have grabbed him, I think he’d have probably went out to sea.”
“That would have been it.”
Snow, though, says the rescue mission nearly turned dire after he snagged the child … ’cause a wave took them under — and it caused him to remember Shad Gaspard , the wrestling star who tragically died in the Pacific Ocean in May 2020.
“I was able to stay up,” Snow said, “and hand him off to the lifeguard and I made my way back across to my friend and we went up on the beach and I felt like I was about to collapse. I was exhausted.”
Snow said neither he nor the boy suffered injuries … and added the child’s mom cried and thanked him repeatedly afterward.
And, in a lighthearted moment, after everyone was safe and sound, Snow says a couple on the beach actually recognized him from his wrestling days!!
- Ex-WWE Star Shad Gaspard Missing After Getting Caught In Riptide
- Ex-WWE star Shad Gaspard ‘threw his son, 10, to life guard to save him while he was being swept out to sea by rip tide’
- Search for former WWE star Shad Gaspard is called off two days after he was pulled out to sea by riptide while swimming with 10-year-old son at Venice Beach as his family thank people for their love and support during 'horrible ordeal'
- Devastated wife of WWE star Shad Gaspard returns to Venice Beach as his body washes up three days after he was pulled out to sea by riptide while swimming with their 10-year-old son
- 'This one hurts': Dwayne The Rock Johnson pays tribute to WWE star Shad Gaspard after his body washes up three days after he went missing in Venice Beach
- 'He was a real-life superhero': Widow of Shad Gaspard pens heartbreaking tribute to WWE star who drowned at Venice Beach calling him her 'heart, soul and protector'
- Shad Gaspard dead at 39: WWE star dies a hero after ‘sacrificing himself to save his son’ as they were washed out to sea
- WWE Star Shad Gaspard Goes Missing While Swimming at L.A. Beach
- Chris Jericho donates over £4k with AEW chief Tony Khan pledging more than £8k to late WWE star Shad Gaspard’s family
- Body found in search for Shad Gaspard tragically ‘matches’ WWE star after he was pulled out to sea in rip current
- WWE Star Shad Gaspard Dead at 39 After Going Missing in the Ocean
- WWE star Shad Gaspard posted sweet beach video with son just days before he vanished during swim with boy
- WWE legend John Cena ‘donates’ $40,000 to Shad Gaspard’s family after star tragically drowned at sea
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Pays Tribute to Shad Gaspard, 'The Ultimate Hero'
- How fairytales grew up
- The 50 best movies on Amazon Prime right now
- In the Jungle: Inside the Long, Hidden Genealogy of ‘The Lion Sleeps Tonight’
- The best war movies on Netflix
- 'It's difficult to tell if we need to close again': Dr. Birx refuses to rule out a SECOND lockdown as she sends hint to Trump by pressing the importance of wearing a mask as thousands of Americans head to the beach for Memorial Day weekend
- Kim Zolciak celebrates her 42nd birthday by showing off her surgically enhanced body in a bikini: 'Holy sh*t that use to be sooo old to me'
Ex-WWE Star Al Snow Heroically Saves Child From Ocean Riptide have 698 words, post on www.tmz.com at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.