The Golden State Warriors might be without one of their biggest stars when the season rolls around … ’cause Andrew Wiggins could reportedly miss time due to being unvaccinated.
26-year-old Wiggins — who averaged 18 points for the Dubs in 2020 — has previously been outspoken against getting the jab … and his stance is now putting his status for 2021 home games in question.
As the San Francisco Chronicle notes, SF has required full vaccination to attend large indoor events as of August 20 … and Warriors games fall under that category.
Now, there’s a possibility the NBA gives Wiggins a religious exemption … but it would still have to be approved by the city in order for him to suit up for home games at the Chase Center.
FYI — San Francisco and New York City are the two NBA towns that require proof of vaccine for large indoor events.
Wiggins isn’t the only unvaxxed player, but he’s by far the biggest name affected by the mandates.
Back in March, Andrew said he has nothing against those who elected to take the vaccine, but said he’d be making his own decision on the matter.
The Chronicle reports the Warriors even set up a meeting between Wiggins and a local health official to help ease any fear over the vaccine … but it didn’t help change his mind.
Wiggins — the #1 overall pick in 2014 — is averaging 19.5 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists in his career.
- Rob Kearney set to miss Scotland game with calf injury
- Kurtenbach: What we learned in the Warriors’ second preseason loss to the Lakers
- Best Indie Games in 2019 for Switch, PS4, Xbox
- Erin Molan to brush off Footy Show 'feud' with Andrew Johns as she starts a new gig hosting RADIO on 2GB
- 'Forever more I will live each day for you': PC Andrew Harper's bride pays tribute to her 'childhood sweetheart' and 'protector' who died after he was dragged under a van while on duty as tearful officers and friends fill a cathedral for his funeral
- Cardinals’ Hit or Miss Offense Is Missing Again
- Riverdale season 4: Archie Andrews set for more struggles following Fred's shock death
- Tony Ward: 'Jack Carty is improving with every game
- NBA Basketball Betting Odds on New Orleans at Golden State Warriors
- Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues Guinness PRO14 team news
- Andrew Hughes nearing return to action for Preston North End
- Warriors overpower the Lions in a dominating victory
- Hawks, Warriors to face off in UPNGRFL grand final decider
- Match Preview: St Helens v Wigan Warriors
- Pro14: Glasgow Warriors 17-13 Cardiff Blues
- NFL pre-game injury report for Week 6: Alvin Kamara in, Todd Gurley out
- Veterans Curry, Green eager to lead new-look Warriors
- NRLW: NZ Warriors keep finals hopes alive with win over Broncos
- RUGBY: Rare opening day victory for Rugby St Andrews
- St Helens 40 Wigan Warriors 10
Andrew Wiggins Could Miss Warriors Games For Being Unvaccinated have 448 words, post on www.tmz.com at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.