The couple’s interview special with Winfrey draws one of the largest non-sports crowds of the 2020-21 TV season. CBS’ interview special Oprah With Meghan and Harry delivered a big audience Sunday night. The two-hour special, produced by Winfrey’s Harpo Productions, averaged better than 17 million viewers — 17.14 million, according to Nielsen’s fast national numbers. Aside from the post-Super Bowl premiere of The Equalizer on Feb. 7, that’s the biggest audience for any non-sports program on the broadcast networks this season. It earned a 2.6 rating in the key ad demographic of adults 18-49, trailing only a Thanksgiving night episode of The Masked Singer (which had a huge NFL lead-in) on the broadcast nets this season. Oprah With Meghan and Harry — which incited furious reactions in the British press Monday — was far and away the top show on TV Sunday by any measure. The closest show on the broadcast networks in total viewers was its lead-in, 60 Minutes , which drew about 9.8 million viewers; the newsmagazine and ABC’s American Idol tied for second place in adults 18-49 with 0.8 ratings. The special also dominated among adults 18-34 and 25-54. The NBA All-Star Game on TNT will likely… Read full this story
- Rays broadcasts dominate summer TV ratings in Tampa Bay
- Cavaliers-Warriors matchup draws big audience for ABC
- CBS looks to NFL for a bigger bang on Thursday nights
- NFL games taking over Thursday nights on CBS
- MLB ratings up, but teams still dependent on cable providers
- Eagles’ D delivers in win over Giants as Bradford throws INTs
- Despite playoff fizzle, big season for Big Sky
- The Blitz: Are Buckeyes and Big Ten being disrespected?
- NFL venture with Yahoo will offer glimpse into the future
- NFL games raking in more than $600K for 30-second ad
TV Ratings: 'Oprah With Meghan and Harry' Delivers Big Audience for CBS have 283 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.