The shoot resumed today (August 2) after a two-day hiatus, Deadline has confirmed. The crew member registered a positive result during regular testing and did not come into close contact with other personnel on the shoot. They continue to self-isolate at home.
The shutdown was precautionary and allowed wider PCR tests to be conducted; further cast and crew continue to be tested twice a week as per Sky policy.
"Throughout this time, the safety of our colleagues and customers remains our number one priority," said a Sky spokesperson. " The Midwich Cuckoos production was temporarily suspended with a single crew member, who did not come into close contact with others, now self-isolating after testing positive for Covid . Production has resumed today (Monday 2 August)."
Recent weeks have seen UK productions including House Of Dragon, Bridgerton and Matilda all pause production due to positive cases.
Watch on Deadline
Eight-part series The Midwich Cuckoos stars Hawes alongside Max Beesley. It began production in London in May. Events unfold in Midwich, a small English commuter town that is liberal and aspirational, populated by nuclear families and affluent high streets. A place where nothing much happens – and for a very good reason.
Producers are ITV Studios-backed Route 24 and Snowed-In Productions, in association with Sky Studios.
- Keeley Hawes to Play Patricia Neal in Film About the Star and Roald Dahl (EXCLUSIVE)
- Lime halts scooter service in Switzerland after possible software glitch throws users off mid-ride
- Nikola Motor Company shows off two real trucks and… a new jet ski?
- Gawker Asks Bankruptcy Court To Halt Hulk Hogan’s Privacy Suit
- Kesha and Dr. Luke: Everything You Need to Know to Understand the Case
- Amazon investigation is launched in Germany after complaints from users of its marketplace service who claim the firm is abusing its power to give its own product listings unfair advantage
- Bodyguard star Richard Madden enjoys glitzy night out with girlfriend Ellie Bamber... as he's 'set to be offered James Bond role'
- I want criminals to be terrified, says Priti Patel: New Home Secretary vows to return to zero-tolerance policing as she demands full explanation over bungled 'Nick' sex abuse inquiry
- China: outcry over sale of 250,000 faulty vaccines prompts investigation
- Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo now 2nd worst in history
- 'Days Of Our Lives' Cast Freed From Contract, Show's Fate Falters
- Tiny bird threatens one of Canada's biggest music festivals
- Who's won the battle of the Christmas ads? As John Lewis' Excitable Edgar roars onto screens VOTE to decide what is 2019's best festive promo
- Excitable Edgar is your festive favourite! John Lewis' dragon roars into a landslide first place and beats Sainsbury's Dickensian tale and Aldi's 'Leafy Blinders' in MailOnline readers' poll to find 2019's best Christmas advert
- Celebrity deaths in 2018: Famous faces lost this year from June Whitfield and Paddy Ashdown to George H.W. Bush
- Winter Olympics: Day 10 roundup
- TLC, HGTV and Discovery: All the New and Returning Shows Coming Fall 2019
- Inside the Kennedy "Curse": Why This Family Has Been Touched by So Much Tragedy
- AFI Fest Raises Curtain On Full 2019 Lineup
- Jenelle Evans Split From David Eason Out of Fear for Her and the Kids' ''Safety''
Sky’s Keeley Hawes Drama ‘The Midwich Cuckoos’ Temporarily Halts Production After Positive Covid Case have 539 words, post on deadline.com at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.