The Rolling Stones can’t always get what they want — they’ll be touring without their original drummer for the first time in their nearly 6 decades as he recovers from an unspecified medical procedure.
Charlie Watts is 80 — the oldest of the Stones — and has been with the band since its inception in 1962, but he says he’s going to have to sit out their upcoming U.S. tour “on the advice of the experts that this will take a while.”
The good news … Watts’ medical procedure is said to have been a complete success, but time just isn’t on his side to make a recovery before the band is set to resume their No Filter tour with a stadium show in St. Louis on Sept. 26.
They’ve also sold out many other big shows for the fall tour, and Watts will be replaced by his friend, Steve Jordan … a veteran musician who’s played with Keith Richards for years.
Still, the Stones say this is all “very disappointing to say the least, but it's also fair to say no one saw this coming.”
Watts joked, “For once my timing has been a little off,” adding that he didn’t want his recovery to delay the tour any more after all the suffering fans have gone through with Covid.
- The Rolling Stones open multimedia gallery in New York
- Rolling Stones under 24-hour armed guard after contractor shot dead
- The Rolling Stones to release first album in more than 10 years in December
- Sirius Promotes Rolling Stones Channel
- Rush calls it quits, guitarist Alex Lifeson says they will never tour again
- Stone Temple Pilots’ remaining members honor Scott Weiland in video tribute
- New Stones record ‘definitely in the works,’ band may hit the studio in December
- From Jack Bauer to rock star: Kiefer Sutherland to drop first album, go on tour
- David Bowie will never tour again, says prominent promoter
- Guns N’ Roses will reportedly reunite for Coachella 2016, possible tour (Update)
- After a 9-year hiatus, Chris Rock is back with a 26-city stand-up comedy tour
- Adele goes after scalpers after millions grab for tour tickets
- Black Sabbath's final tour this January will mark the end, no new LP
- Wanna sing for Stone Temple Pilots? They’re hunting for a new singer online
- Sly and the Family Stone founding member Cynthia Robinson dead at 69
- Take a drone tour of Italy with these 13 stunning videos
- 2019 Bentley Continental GT First Drive Review: Grander touring
- Here's your chance to dance with Janet Jackson
- iTunes ‘sounds so small’ to punk rock founding father Marky Ramone
- Go your own way: Fleetwood Mac fires Lindsey Buckingham
Rolling Stones' Drummer, Charlie Watts, Out for U.S. Tour have 424 words, post on www.tmz.com at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.