EXCLUSIVE : The Random House imprint Ballantine Books has acquired and set a November 30 publication date in the U.S. for the Mel Brooks memoir All About Me! My Remarkable Life in Show Business . The iconic director, producer, writer, and actor has also recorded an audiobook version that will be released simultaneously by Penguin Random House Audio. Century, an imprint of Penguin Random House UK, will publish in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth. The world publishing rights for the book were acquired by Ballantine Books Executive Editor Pamela Cannon from Jonny Geller of Curtis Brown.
This is a long awaited memoir from a comic genius whose career includes the trailblazing irreverent films Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, History of the World Part I and Spaceballs , TV shows like Get Smart and Your Show of Shows , and bringing The Producers to screen and stage, winning an Oscar for Best Screenplay and the Tony Award for the effort. He is among a few entertainers to win all four major entertainment prizes, with an Emmy and Grammy to go along with those other accolades, the latter for his The 2000 Year Old Man collaborations with Carl Reiner. His memoir will cover everything from his childhood growing up in Brooklyn, to his service in World War II, to his early years in show business alongside such greats as Sid Caesar , Neil Simon and Reiner, and his long marriage to the late The Graduate star Anne Bancroft . Brooks has infused the book with his signature sense of humor, irreverence and sense of nostalgia.
"It was joyous and at times bittersweet writing this book and reliving the peaks and valleys of my incredible journey from Brooklyn to Hollywood to Broadway," Brooks said. "I hope fans of comedy will get a kick out of the stories behind my work, and really enjoy taking this remarkable ride with me."
Watch on Deadline
His film company, Brooksfilms Limited, produced such critically acclaimed films such as The Elephant Man, Frances, My Favorite Year and 84 Charing Cross Road. In 2009 Brooks was a Kennedy Center Honoree; he was awarded the AFI's Life Achievement Award four years later and in 2016, Brooks was presented with the National Medal of Arts by President Obama.
- Writers and critics on the best books of 2013
- The Observer's books of the year
- Former Bolton Chief Of Staff Urges Him To Delay Book Until After Election
- Country files: nature writers on the books that inspired them
- Rare Charlotte Brontë ‘little book’ to go on show at Haworth
- Stieg Larsson's investigation of Swedish PM's assassination revealed in new book
- Don DeLillo to receive National Book award for lifetime achievement
- New British books prize for BAME authors unveils inaugural longlist
- EXCLUSIVE: Mel B was FLUSH with cash when she split with ex Stephen Belafonte - having $83K in the bank, splashing out on vacations and making it rain money on her mother - despite claims she was only left with $936
- Michelle Obama makes decency great again in her memoir
- A Year After Her Smash-Hit Memoir, Michelle Obama Has a New Project Hitting Bookstores
- John Bolton's memoir, 'The Room Where It Happened,' gets March 17 release date
- RNC Bought Almost $100K Worth of Donald Trump Jr.’s Books, Helping It Become a NYT Bestseller
- Sunday Book Club: The best books released in 2018
- All the Biggest Revelations and Bombshells from Michelle Obama’s New Memoir,
- Now John Bolton might rush publication of his $2 million book or do a tell-all sit-down TV interview after bombshell leak of its biggest revelation about Donald Trump
- John Bolton's own deputy demands he pull $2 million tell-all book about his time with Donald Trump until AFTER the election as president's remaining allies call former national security advisor a 'backstabber'
- Why Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich Have a Romance Worth Fighting For
- Sunday Book Club: Must-read Australian authors
- Every book Barack Obama recommended during (and after) his presidency
Mel Brooks Memoir ‘All About Me!’ Set By Ballantine Books For November 30 Publication have 635 words, post on deadline.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.