EXCLUSIVE: Mexican filmmaking duo the Munoz Brothers, who made the 2019 comedy-drama Paper Boats , have been set to adapt Kristín Helga Gunnarsdóttir's young adult novel Iceland's Mountain Factory.
The book was inspired by the Greta Thunberg movement. It follows a group of young graduates from a mountaineering academy in the south-east of Iceland who get stuck in a fierce storm, taking refuge in an old hut, where they decide to set up a free state dedicated to nature and sustainability. When one of the girls in the group, an established environmental activist and influencer, is found dead one morning, everything changes.
The project, titled The Mountain Factory , comes from Los Angeles and Oslo-based management company Inner Voice Artists and Nordic literary agency Immaterial Agents , which recently struck a partnership to co-rep book rights for film and TV adaptations.
Inner Voice Artists will produce the TV series, while also co-selling book rights alongside Immaterial Agents.
Watch on Deadline
Icelandic author Gunnarsdóttir has established herself as a leading Nordic children's author, having penned 25 books, including a popular series based on the character Fíasól.
- Every comic book movie and TV show hitting screens this fall
- Every 2018 San Diego Comic-Con panel you want to watch out for
- Ranking the 25 live-action comic book movies of the ’90s
- A Brief History of Video Game Humor
- The absolute best movies now on Netflix
- The best movies of 2018
- Every movie and show coming to Netflix in December
- Every movie and show coming to Netflix in January
- Every movie and show coming to Netflix in October
- Big meets Superman? Why Shazam! could be the best DCEU movie since Wonder Woman
- Every movie and show coming to Netflix in July
Inner Voice Artists & Immaterial Agents Set The Munoz Brothers To Adapt YA Novel ‘Iceland’s Mountain Factory’ For TV have 281 words, post on deadline.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.