Come From Away , the Apple Original Films adaptation of the Broadway hit musical, will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 10 – the eve of 9/11's 20th anniversary – with an ensemble cast that includes members of the original and current Broadway casts.
Watch a new teaser below.
Directed by the musical's Tony Award-winning director Christopher Ashley, the live performance was filmed at Broadway's Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre in May before an audience that included 9/11 survivors and front-line workers.
The musical tells the true story of 7,000 people stranded in the small town of Gander, Newfoundland after all flights into the US are grounded on September 11, 2001. As the people of Newfoundland graciously welcome the "come from aways" into their community in the aftermath, the passengers and locals alike "process what's happened while finding love, laughter, and new hope in the unlikely and lasting bonds that they forge."
The cast of the filmed performance includes:
- Petrina Bromley (original cast member) as Bonnie and others;
- Jenn Colella (original cast member and Tony Award nominee) as Beverley/Annette and others;
- De'Lon Grant as Bob and others;
- Joel Hatch (original cast member) as Claude and others;
- Tony Lepage as Kevin T. and others;
- Caesar Samayoa (original cast member) as Kevin J./Ali and others;
- Q. Smith (original cast member) as Hannah and others;
- Astrid Van Wieren (original cast member) as Beulah and others;
- Emily Walton as Janice and others
- Jim Walton as Nick/Doug and others;
- Sharon Wheatley (original cast member) as Diane and others;
- Paul Whitty as Oz and others.
According to producers, the live taping employed more than 200 people including members of the Broadway crew, staff and creative teams.
The musical's original book, music and lyrics were written by Irene Sankoff and David Hein, who also serve as Executive Producers alongside RadicalMedia's Jon Kamen, Dave Sirulnick and Meredith Bennett.
eOne, Hasbro's entertainment studio, produced the live capture performance with Laurel Thomson Executive Producing on behalf of eOne. Jennifer Todd and Bill Condon serve as producers alongside the original stage producers Junkyard Dog Productions, as well as Mark Gordon. Brittany Hapner serves as a co-producer. Alchemy Production group provided stage production and general management, and RadicalMedia filmed the production.
- ‘Tuca & Bertie’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date on Adult Swim
- Everything you can watch on Apple TV+
- New Apple TV 4K 2021 release date, price & specs
- Broadway's 'Come From Away' is coming soon to Apple TV Plus
- Watch the teaser for Apple TV+ show 'The Shrink Next Door' starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd
- List of Apple TV Models That Support tvOS 15
- New features coming to the Apple TV
- Best Apple TV alternatives of 2019
- How to watch live TV and satellite TV on Apple TV
- ‘See’ Gets Season 3 Renewal By Apple, Unveils Season 2 Premiere Date, Trailer & Cast Additions
- Whoopi Goldberg joins upcoming Apple TV+ animated film 'Luck'
- Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Animated Apple TV+ Film 'Wolfwalkers'
- Jason Sudeikis: 'Ted Lasso' Apple TV+ Character Inspired by Robin Williams, Mr. Miyagi and Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Apple TV Plus musical comedy 'Schmigadoon!' will premiere on July 16
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'Mr. Corman' to debut on Apple TV Plus on Aug 6
- How to select Apple TV screensavers and find out where they were filmed
- Apple TV 4K (2021) review: A great product, but for who?
- 'Who Are You, Charlie Brown?' debuts on Apple TV+ June 25
- Apple extends AppleCare for the Apple TV to three years
- Last chance to get free Apple TV+ for a year
‘Come From Away’ Film Adaptation Gets Apple TV+ Premiere Date On Eve Of 9/11 have 579 words, post on deadline.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.