Can you imagine an NBA ref chasing down Zion Williamson for an autograph after a game??
That’s pretty much what happened after a Champions League match on Tuesday … when a ref ran after 20-year-old Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland — and got him to sign his yellow card!!
The whole interaction was caught on video after Dortmund’s 1-2 loss to Manchester City … with assistant ref Octavian Sovre tailing the striker as he headed to the locker room.
In the footage, Sovre catches up with Haaland, whips out his card and a pen and asks for a quick John Hancock … and the BVB star obliges!!
Of course, Haaland is regarded as one of the most promising young talents in the sport … and all the top soccer clubs are lining up in hopes to sign the guy.
In fact, the Norwegian striker has 10 Champions League goals and 21 more Bundesliga goals.
While a Haaland auto is understandably in high demand, Sovre’s move has been criticized as unprofessional … and some folks are pissed.
But, Man City manager Pep Guardiola defended the ref … saying, “Maybe he’s a fan. Why not? The referees were brilliant, the game was not a problem.”
“And after, maybe [the autograph] was for his son or daughter, I don’t know,” Guardiola continued.
“I’ve never seen it before but it’s happened. Listen, they did a good job so that’s it. Nothing happened.”
One thing’s for sure … ya can’t knock the ref’s hustle!!
- Bundesliga top players to watch: Haaland, Lewandowski and Sancho among the headliners
- Bundesliga: Haaland back in business as Dortmund win ghost derby
- Coronavirus and sports: What happened in April 2020
- See how some Bundesliga teams and players used social distancing celebrations in first games back
- Bundesliga German Football League Highlights: Borussia Dortmund Beat Schalke 4-0 As Football Returns In Germany
- As Bundesliga returns in Germany, here's how to pick a team, from Bayern Munich to the bottom of the table
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: T20 World Cup ‘to be replaced by IPL in October’, Bundesliga, Premier League LATEST
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League vote on Monday, Bundesliga return REACTION, League Two set to cancel
- Bundesliga: Why American Gio Reyna is destined to become Borussia Dortmund's next gem
- Bundesliga restart a success but BT Sport crashing, social distancing celebrations and empty grounds leave some in doubt
- 12pm Arsenal news LIVE: Icardi offered in incredible Aubameyang SWAP, Partey ‘hoping for Gunners transfer’
- Elton John: The Rolling Stone Interview
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch (May 2020)
Soccer Star Erling Haaland Autographs Yellow Card For Ref After Match, Bizarre Moment have 455 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.