As Seth Meyers pointed out during Wednesday night's "Seth and Lorde Go Day Drinking" segment, it has been "a long 18 months of sitting in our apartments." Now that bars have reopened, Meyers revived his Late Night day drinking segment at Zero Bond in New York with his sole guest for the night, Lorde.
During the playfully drunken segment, the host made cocktails named after songs from Lorde's upcoming album, Solar Power . They drank a "Solar Power" made with iced coffee, Red Bull, espresso beans and Four Loko. Meanwhile, "Ribs" included gin with a spare rib dunked in it.
They also played drinking games, which included guessing the meaning of New Zealand and New England slang terms, and naming different royals. Later, they vied for who could paint a better cover of Melodrama and Meyers attempted to mimic Lorde's performance of "Green Light."
Lorde also performed her new song " Stoned at the Nail Salon " with Jack Antonoff during the episode.
Solar Power will arrive on August 20th via Republic Records. The singer will embark on a world tour next year. The North American leg kicks off on April 3rd, 2022 at the Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee, and wraps on May 7th at the Santa Barbara Bowl in Santa Barbara, California.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Drinks: Best Cocktail Recipes, Recs and Events For Surviving HBO Premiere
- 7 epic SF Bay Area things to do over St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- 5 perfect places to drink Irish coffee in the Bay Area
- 27 Amazing Things to Do in NYC on Presidents Day Weekend
- Girl Power Prom with eats by honeysuckle, tunes by Chulita Vinyl Club happening in Southtown
- San Jose cocktail community helping shuttered bar’s staff
- Irish Day in Erin will feature carnival, pageants, parade, festival
- Colorado Springs retailers hope to feel the love of Valentine's Day
- Film Review: What Men Want’ is to avoid this blunder of a film
- Coal plants in Indiana: How this group hopes to keep them running
- The Best Restaurants for Brunch in Minnesota
- How to host an epic ‘Game of Thrones’ watch party
- Inside 6 hot new Las Vegas restaurants
- Where to eat on the Las Vegas strip: 6 hot new restaurants
- POLITICO Playbook: Hogan jokes at St. Patrick’s dinner and a sneak peek at the president’s week ahead
- First Look: Godzilla meets pepperoni at Japantown’s newest restaurant
- Letters to the editor: March
- Homers provide the difference as South Carolina slugs its way to first win of 2019
- Naples restaurants: JLB picks the 25 best for 2019
- ‘The Simpsons’, Danny Greene and Moe’s Tavern: A tale of Cleveland history
See Lorde Day Drink ‘Solar Power’-Themed Cocktails With Seth Meyers have 433 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.