The power tariff of a financial year is normally announced before April 1, the date when it comes into forces, they said.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) panel is currently having one member AK Ambasht. Justice(retired) SS Chauhan completed his term on July 4 after attaining 65 year age. Another member of the commission, AK Singhal, retired in January this year.
Justice (retired) Chauhan wrote to the LG urging for extending tenure of DERC members to age of 67 years or five years. Currently, the age of retirement of DERC members is 64 years or 5-year term, whichever is earlier, the sources claimed.
Justice (retired) Chauhan wanted to announce the new power tariff before completing his term, they claimed.
“The tariff order is almost ready. It could not be announced because there were some difference involving the commission members,” said an official privy to the development.
The nature of difference was not known although the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has been claiming credit for not allowing any hike in power tariff during its rule in Delhi for more than seven years, amid distribution companies (discoms) petitioning the DERC for hike in view of surmounting regulatory assets and impact of COVID-19 and the resultant lockdown.
The Delhi government has formed a selection committee to name the next DERC chairperson. The Committee has already held a meeting, the sources said.
Power discoms including TPDDL , and BSES discoms BYPL and BRPL filed their tariff petitions in December 2020. However, they have made further submissions to the DERC seeking factoring in of impact of second wave and possibility of third one.
The BSES discoms in their revised petitions have hiked their expected revenue gap from Rs 1,703 crore to Rs 3,577 crore(BRPL) and Rs 1,148 crore to Rs 1,945 crore, for 2021-22.
The Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (TPDDL) too in its submission has expressed fear of a decrease in income in the current financial year.
“Timely issuance of the tariff orders and full-cost reflectiveness of tariff are important prerequisites for ensuring sustainability of the power sector and is also in the interest of the electricity consumers,” the Ministry said in a communication to power regulators in April.
The tariff order for a financial year in normal course should be announced before April 1.However, the power tariff announcement in the national capital In the past 5 years have been delayed regularly by 4-12 months, the sources claimed further.
- Buffalo Sabres 2021-22 NHL Season Preview
- New York Islanders 2021-22 NHL Season Preview
- Dallas Stars 2021-22 NHL Season Preview
- New Jersey Devils 2021-22 NHL Season Preview
- Hiking the power tariff critical for discoms, expect 8-10% rise: TPDDL CFO
- BCCI’s apex council set to ratify 2021-22 home season
- NHL Power Rankings: Top storylines for 2021-22 season (part 1)
- Calgary Flames: 2021-22 NHL season preview, salary cap situation
- ISL 2021-22 Fixtures: Season 8 to kick off on November 19, Schedule announced till January 9
- ISL 2021-22 Fixtures Out: League Begins on Nov 19 with ATK Mohun Bagan vs Kerala Blasters
- Colorado Avalanche: 2021-22 NHL season preview
- Edmonton Oilers: 2021-22 NHL season preview, salary cap outlook
- Carolina Hurricanes: 2021-22 NHL season preview
- ISL 2021-22 Schedule: Full list of Fixtures, teams, dates, times, venues and telecast information
- Chicago Blackhawks: 2021-22 NHL season preview
- Los Angeles Kings: 2021-22 NHL Season Preview, salary cap outlook
- Minnesota Wild: 2021-22 NHL Season Preview, salary cap outlook
- Indian Super League 2021-22 to Introduce 9:30 PM Weekend Double Header Kick-offs
- Boston Bruins: 2021-22 NHL season preview | Pro Hockey Talk
- Montreal Canadiens 2021-22 NHL Season Preview
Power tariff declaration for 2021-22 in Delhi likely to see further delay have 639 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 9, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.