Nike — one of the largest sports apparel companies in the world — has “suspended” its relationship with Deshaun Watson amid the investigation into sexual misconduct.
“We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson,” Nike said in a statement released Wednesday morning.
“We will continue to closely monitor the situation.”
Watson has been with Nike since 2017 — the year he entered the NFL Draft.
The bombshell news comes one day after the QB’s first accuser came forward at a news conference and revealed her identity.
Ashley Solis says she was the first woman to file a lawsuit against the Houston Texans superstar, accusing him of sexual misconduct during what was supposed to be a routine massage therapy treatment.
FOX 26 Houston
“I’m a survivor of assault and harassment. Deshaun Watson is my assaulter and my harasser,” she said Tuesday while sitting next to her attorney Tony Buzbee.
“I hope [Watson] knows how much pain he’s inflicted on me physically and emotionally,” Solis says.
21 other women have also filed lawsuits against Watson alleging he engaged in similar behavior while getting a massage.
Watson has denied the allegations — claiming the women are lying in an effort to shake him down for money.
The Houston PD announced this week it has launched a criminal investigation into the allegations — but so far, Watson has not been charged with a crime.
Story developing …
- Jets place RB Isaiah Crowell on IR, will he return to team in 2019?
- Kevin Durant-Draymond Green dust-up fueled by rare short-term promises
- LeBron James, Tiger Woods, Urban Meyer: Top sports story lines of 2018
- Secret campaign to use Russian-inspired tactics in 2017 Alabama election stirs anxiety for Democrats
- Democrats distance themselves from Russian-inspired tactics used in Alabama Senate race
- Larry Nassar Scandal: How Others Have Been Affected
- Ex-Michigan state leader faces charges in Nassar fallout
- I-TEAM INVESTIGATION: Contractor with city raises questions
- THE NOONER for 01-07-19
- School where boy with austism was restrained, later died has been investigated by state multiple times
- Smiley Anders' year in review: A "bummer" 2018 includes gaffes aplenty from La. politicians
- Guarantee or not? Questions swirl around track and field world championships
- State to districts: Remove special-needs students from school where boy was restrained, later died
- Looking for ‘a fresh start,’ Minneapolis parks board interviews two superintendent finalists
- Here are the news stories South Carolina should watch for in 2019
Nike Suspends Endorsement Deal with Deshaun Watson Over Allegations have 389 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.