Hate needles? Well, an oral coronavirus vaccine in the works could become the best protection against COVID-19 and its mutations … that’s the hope of one of the L.A. Lakers owners, anyway.
Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong is the founder of ImmunityBio as well as a Lakers co-owner, and his company is behind the tests being done at a research center in El Segundo, CA to determine if a series of pills can replace injections to inoculate the population.
Researchers are experimenting with healthy volunteers under the age of 55 who haven’t had COVID yet … with some getting shots, some getting capsules and some getting a combo.
Dr. Soon-Shiong says the value of ImmunityBio’s vaccine is that it generates “killer T cells” that target the center of the coronavirus, which is less prone to mutation. Current vaccines create antibodies to the spiky part of the virus on the surface.
Though researchers are hopeful the oral T-cell-creating approach may result in greater protection against COVID … the Lakers co-owner believes capsules and injections working together would be key. Sorry, needle haters.
It may still be a while before we find out, though — the oral vaccine is only in experimental stages, and test subjects will be closely monitored for the next 12 months.
- Keeping Up With Your Pet's Health - Vaccinate With Rabies Shots
- What Are Common Life Saving Vaccines?
- Needle and Pain Free Vaccinations
- Flu Vaccine For Flu Prevention - 5 Facts You Should Know
- Dog Vaccines - Understanding The Importance Of Vaccinations!
- Vaccination For Dogs - How Often And How Much
- Chelation Therapy - Personal Experience Shows Chelation Works
- Free MLM - Can it Work?
- 20 Signs Your Marketing Plans Wont Work
- Make Money Online - Internet Marketing Principles That Work For Beginners
- Lysine Cold Sores - How it Works, What Studies Say About It, and What Dosage to Use
- Puppy Behavior 16 - 19 Weeks Old
- Crate Training Puppies - 3 Vital Tips All Owners Should Know, But Most Don't
- 19 Steps to Changing Your Brake Fluid
- Why Every Pet Owner Needs Pet Insurance
- Healthy, Happy Dogs - Some Health and Training Tips For Owners
- 10 Top Tips For the Small Business Owner
- Thermometers - How They Work
- An Owner's Guide to Addison's Disease in Dogs
- Car Title Loans - How to Use Them to Finance Dental Work
Lakers Co-Owner Working on Oral COVID-19 Vaccine have 368 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.