Getty Composite Hate needles? Well, an oral coronavirus vaccine in the works could become the best protection against COVID-19 and its mutations … that’s the hope of one of the L.A. Lakers owners, anyway. Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong is the founder of ImmunityBio as well as a Lakers co-owner, and his company is behind the tests being done at a research center in El Segundo, CA to determine if a series of pills can replace injections to inoculate the population. Researchers are experimenting with healthy volunteers under the age of 55 who haven’t had COVID yet … with some getting shots, some getting capsules and some getting a combo. Dr. Soon-Shiong says the value of ImmunityBio’s vaccine is that it generates “killer T cells” that target the center of the coronavirus, which is less prone to mutation. Current vaccines create antibodies to the spiky part of the virus on the surface. Though researchers are hopeful the oral T-cell-creating approach may result in greater protection against COVID … the Lakers co-owner believes capsules and injections working together would be key. Sorry, needle haters. It may still be a while before we find out, though — the oral vaccine is only in experimental… Read full this story
- How the Los Angeles Lakers Blew It
- Prosecutors haven't seen videos in Patriots owner's case
- Amid measles outbreaks, Facebook considering how to reduce spread of anti-vaccine content
- Lakers news: Jason Kidd drops huge hint about replacing Luke Walton, coaching LeBron James
- Kevin Durant will NOT meet with Knicks, wants to join LeBron James at Lakers - huge claim
- Knicks Beat (LeBron-Less) Lakers, So Time to Celebrate ‘Like It’s the Super Bowl’
- Playoff Mode? LeBron James and the Lakers Are Failing to Activate
- Kyle Kuzma SHOVES LeBron James to play defence properly in Lakers defeat - this is surreal
- Lonzo Ball faces Lakers’ reality: ‘If I get traded…’
- Teen gets vaccinated despite parents' concerns: 'I was doing it for my safety and the safety of others'
Lakers Co-Owner Working on Oral COVID-19 Vaccine have 322 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.