Getty Composite Hate needles? Well, an oral coronavirus vaccine in the works could become the best protection against COVID-19 and its mutations … that’s the hope of one of the L.A. Lakers owners, anyway. Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong is the founder of ImmunityBio as well as a Lakers co-owner, and his company is behind the tests being done at a research center in El Segundo, CA to determine if a series of pills can replace injections to inoculate the population. Researchers are experimenting with healthy volunteers under the age of 55 who haven’t had COVID yet … with some getting shots, some getting capsules and some getting a combo. Dr. Soon-Shiong says the value of ImmunityBio’s vaccine is that it generates “killer T cells” that target the center of the coronavirus, which is less prone to mutation. Current vaccines create antibodies to the spiky part of the virus on the surface. Though researchers are hopeful the oral T-cell-creating approach may result in greater protection against COVID … the Lakers co-owner believes capsules and injections working together would be key. Sorry, needle haters. It may still be a while before we find out, though — the oral vaccine is only in experimental… Read full this story
- : An Oral History
- Boris Johnson blames 'superstitious mumbo jumbo' spread online about the supposed risks of vaccines for the UK LOSING its measles-free status
- NBA Power Rankings: Bucks remain on top; skidding Lakers slide down; Mavericks hold strong without Luka Doncic
- Vogel introduction caught up in ongoing Lakers drama
- Lakers officially announce Vogel’s hiring as next coach
- Gang of African thugs hurl rocks at police as officers arrest six youths over a wild brawl with Vietnamese shop owners - who bravely fought back after they 'tried to rob their stores'
- Feline stress! Pet cat 'supervises' its owner's son as he writes his homework... and gives him a death stare as soon as he stops
- Jess Wright and her sister Natalya, 19, share more bikini-clad photos as they reminisce on their Turks And Caicos getaway with Millie Bobby Brown
- UNICEF launches campaign to inspire support for vaccines
- Kawhi Leonard’s representatives will meet with Lakers, whoever is in the room
Lakers Co-Owner Working on Oral COVID-19 Vaccine have 353 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.