Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders are fighting in front of a MASSIVE crowd Saturday night, but promoter Eddie Hearn says you should NOT worry about Covid … ’cause there are precautions in place to keep fans safe.
The fight’s going down May 8 at AT&T Stadium in Texas — where there are no restrictions — and will likely be the most attended event in America since the pandemic struck early last year.
“We’re gonna be just under 70,000. So it’s gonna be incredible,” Hearn says … “I think I remember seeing Canelo box Liam Smith and it was about 40,000 people there and the atmosphere was just absolutely insane. This is gonna be a very, very special atmosphere.”
Some people have said packing the building with fans is a bad idea … so we asked Eddie to address the situation.
“We’re not the first in terms of big numbers returning to Texas. All sports now have been bringing crowds back. You’ve seen no spikes because of that,” Hearn says.
“There will be masks worn, mandatory, on Saturday night. I’ve noticed, to be honest with you, as a Brit coming into states that have opened up like Texas and Florida, people aren’t going out there care-free and just ignoring rules.”
“People are actually being sensible and they will be Saturday night, and everyone will have a safe night.”
FYI, AT&T Stadium AKA Jerry World is huge … it fits about 80k with room for over 100k with standing room.
- Eddie Hearn bets £20,000 with Joseph Parker’s promoter that Dillian Whyte wins heavyweight blockbuster
- Dillian Whyte set to fight Brit rival Dereck Chisora in December rematch as Eddie Hearn starts talks
- Oleksandr Usyk joins Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom edging Tony Bellew fight closer
- Anthony Joshua signs new three-year promotional deal with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom stable
- Anthony Joshua promoter Eddie Hearn sends Deontay Wilder a contract for UK fight
- Anthony Joshua’s next contest to be announced by promoter Eddie Hearn in next 48 hours
- SN Exclusive: Eddie Hearn reveals why Deontay Wilder-Anthony Joshua isn't happening in 2018
- Eddie Hearn plays down concerns Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin will not sell out
- Eddie Hearn on Dillian Whyte taking Joseph Parker fight: 'It’s a route that says 'f--- you all''
- Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy sign with DAZN streaming in ‘richest contract in sport history’
- Canelo Alvarez Signs $365 Million DAZN Deal After HBO Boxing Departure: Report
- Canelo Alvarez Finalizing Long-Term DAZN Deal After HBO Boxing Departure: Report
- Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin 3? GGG In Advanced Talks With DAZN, Reportedly
- Where Next For Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin After HBO Stops Boxing Coverage?
- Deontay Wilder Accepts Anthony Joshua Offer For UK Fight, September Date Targeted
- Deontay Wilder Unloads On Anthony Joshua, Hearn As Fight Seemingly Called Off
- Anthony Joshua To Fight At Wembley Twice, Deontay Wilder Showdown In April?
- Anthony Joshua proves he’s the people’s champion as he spends time learning sign language with adoring fans
- Dec Spelman fighting for £50k Ultimate Boxxer prize in honour of Scott Westgarth
- Amir Khan rehydration clause is a ‘deal breaker’ that could derail Kell Brook fight
Eddie Hearn Expecting 70k Fans For Canelo Fight, COVID-19 Precautions In Place have 515 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.