Play video content Exclusive 1/6/21 Storyful 3:55 PM PT — It was just announced that U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund will resign, effective January 16. The U.S. Capitol Police Dept. may have been able to thwart Wednesday’s attempted coup if it had all hands on deck, but we’ve learned they had less than ONE-QUARTER of the force working … despite multiple, clear warnings the protest could turn violent. Capitol Police sources tell TMZ … 500 officers were working Wednesday as President Trump revved up the huge crowd of his supporters upset over the election results — giving them their marching orders with the Capitol as the final destination. Trump has been dog-whistling for weeks now, promising something big would happen on January 6. With that backdrop, the Capitol Police are 2,200 strong, yet only 500 were on duty. The way it works in most police departments around the country … when there’s the possibility of social unrest it’s all hands on deck. That did not happen here. Gallery Launch Gallery Getty Our source says the police believed they had enough staff to contain any unrest … by setting up barricades and locking up the 3 House office buildings –… Read full this story
- Fired for a felony, again for perjury. Meet the new police chief.
- Police Chief Says It’s Perfectly Fine an Officer Was Part of a Hate Group Because the Cop Already Retired From Racism
- Chicago cop Jason Van Dyke, convicted of killing Laquan McDonald, resigns from Police Department
- Furious Fort Worth residents accuse police department of 'systemic racism' after black woman was shot dead in her home by white cop
- Police officer urges cops to apologize for Atatiana Jefferson's shooting death
- A Fort Worth police officer urges cops to apologize for Atatiana Jefferson's shooting death
- Florida cop caught on body cam pushing teen suspect off a ROOF was docked just one day of vacation as punishment
- 'Just push him off!' Shocking moment cop shoves suspect, 18, off a ROOF before his sergeant tases him when he hits the ground
- A Police Union Is Telling Cops to Use the Punisher's Logo Amid an Investigation Into Racist Social Media Posts
- White cop 'thought he was responding to a potential burglary' when he shot dead a black woman in her own home - even though concerned neighbor only requested a welfare check
Capitol Police Only a Fraction of Cops On Duty, Chief Resigns have 376 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.