Last year, Anurag Kashyap had found himself in the news for wrong reasons when an actress levelled MeToo allegations against him. She had claimed that the filmmaker had ‘forced himself’ on her around the time of the making of the film Bombay Velvet . On the other hand, Anurag had dismissed her allegations against him as ‘baseless’ and even issued a statement about the same.
Recently on Zoom’s By Invite Only show, Anurag’s daughter Aaliyah opened up on the MeToo allegations against her father and said that she was bothered by him being misrepresented.
Aaliyah who is a YouTube influencer revealed that her father has been deliberately trying to shield her from controversies as it aggravates her anxiety.
Speaking about the MeToo controversy that surrounded her father, Aaliyah said that while the hate didn’t get to her, she was bothered by the misrepresentation of his character.
She said, “The #MeToo claims bothered me a lot. The hate doesn’t get to me, it is the misrepresentation of his character that bothers me. People think he is a terrible man, but ask anyone close to me and they will say that he’s the biggest softy Teddy bear you’ll ever meet.”
Aaliyah further added, “This is what gives me anxiety, and not really the hate. I know that whatever hate I get for him is just from people who don’t have anything better to do with their lives. My dad also has been trying to make more of an effort to keep his things away from me because he doesn’t want it to make my anxiety worse.”
The star kid often takes to her vlog to talk about her battle with mental health issues. She had earlier opened up on dealing with anxiety and depression.
- Meet Anurag Kashyap's daughter, Aaliyah
- Abhishek Bachchan slams report of alleged fight with wife Aishwarya Rai. Watch video
- ‘Russell Simmons Is Just the Beginning’: Music Industry Braces for #MeToo Impact
- ‘I think there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty’: Jeff Goldblum says he would work with Woody Allen again despite long-running allegations director sexually abused his adopted daughter
- CIA's Kremlin 'agent' is pictured for the first time as Kremlin insider warns source who photographed documents on Putin's desk could end up 'dead in a parking lot' after fleeing to the U.S.
- Review: Bombay Velvet is an epic misfire
- 'Juhi, Ayesha and Konkona are the best'
- This Is Pleasure
- Eric Schneiderman, a Political ‘Champion of Women,’ Accused of Assault By Four Women
- Parkland Parents Slam Louis C.K. While Club Owner Calls Him a ‘Genius’
- What Would A Less Gendered World Really Look Like?
- Heather Heyer’s Mom: I Have to Hide Her Grave From Neo-Nazis
- Lily Allen: ‘I was pretty brazen with all my behaviour. I just didn’t care'
- Woman who accused Trump of groping her on an airplane doubts Weinstein backlash will prompt change
- Kavanaugh latest: Sen. Collins will vote yes on confirmation citing 'presumption of innocence'
- What Happened To Lindsay Lohan?
- Larry Nassar, Jerry Sandusky, and the Catholic Church
- ‘This Week' Transcript: Sen. Al Franken, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Meghan Daum to Millennials: Get Off My Lawn
- Whitney Houston never got over childhood sex abuse — and the sordid secret destroyed her
Anurag Kashyap's Daughter Aaliyah On MeToo Allegations Against Him: The Claims Bothered Me A Lot have 567 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.