As previously announced, current non-executive chairman of the board, Lin Zhang, and Mao Jun (John) Zeng, both of Wanda, are stepping down as AMC directors following Wanda's sale of most of its AMC shares. That giant theater chain is holding its annual shareholders meeting on July 29.
As CEO, "Aron has overseen the Company's transformative growth into becoming the largest theatrical exhibitor in the United States, in Europe & the Middle East and in the world. His most recent focus has been on guiding AMC through the complexities of coronavirus pandemic. Aron has significant business and executive experience, having led as CEO five different companies in five different industries for more than 20 years. He has served continuously since 1988 on numerous corporate Boards," said AMC.
Ambassador Philip Lader joined the AMC as an independent director in July of 2019. He is currently a senior advisor to Morgan Stanley Institutional Securities.
Watch on Deadline
Lader was the U.S. Ambassador to the Court of St. James's, and served in President Clinton's Cabinet as Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, along with having been White House Deputy Chief of Staff, Assistant to the President, and Deputy Director of the Office of Management & Budget.
In business, he has been chairman of WPP, executive VP of British financier Sir James Goldsmith's U.S. holdings, and president of resort developer Sea Pines Company. He has served on the boards of Lloyds of London, Marathon Oil, AES, Songbird (Canary Wharf), and RAND Corporation.
- Zynga CEO Mattrick leaves abruptly, replaced by founder Pincus
- BlackBerry CEO out as Fairfax deal hits the rocks
- IBM names Palmisano as chairman
- Google CEO, Microsoft exec on Obama tech board
- RIM investors pull proposal to split CEO role
- Verizon picks Hans Vestberg to serve as new CEO
- FireEye CEO steps down as profit plummets
- Twitter names former Google exec Kordestani as new chairman
- Does this mean Reed Hastings won't be Microsoft's CEO?
- Novell ejects CEO, CFO
- Philip Rosedale to step down as Linden Lab CEO
- HP shakes up board again, Lane steps down as chairman
- Miss America CEO Fat-Shamed Winner, Called Her 'Trash' That Everyone Has Slept With, According to Emails
- Ford CEO Mark Fields Fired In Management Shakeup [UPDATE]
- Nike names Apple CEO Tim Cook its 'lead independent director'
- Samsung heir-apparent Jay Y Lee named board member
- Former Google exec Omid Kordestani lands as Twitter's new executive chairman
- Apple CEO Tim Cook named independent director at Nike
- HP names former SAP exec as new CEO
- Reddit CEO's Ask Me Anything session doesn't quite live up to its billing
AMC Entertainment Names CEO Adam Aron Chairman Of The Board, Philip Lader Lead Director have 453 words, post on deadline.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.