Weight loss: Dr Michael Mosley discusses the benefits of fasting
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Weight loss is not easy to achieve with many diet plans offering results. Dr Michael Mosley listed a number of common foods dieters should try to avoid if hoping to burn fat.
To live a healthy lifestyle, people must combine a balanced diet with exercise.
While there are lots of different plans that promise results, restrictive plans may not be needed.
Instead, Dr Michael Mosley shared some simple diet rules to follow to promote fat loss and encourage a healthy diet.
What should you do?
Weight loss: Dr Mosley shared his diet tips (Image: GETTY/PA)
Weight loss: He spoke of a healthy breakfast (Image: GETTY)
The expert recommended getting food from substantial meals rather than eating throughout the day.
Snacking on sugary treats can stop fat burning, Dr Mosley explained.
He said: “Grazing keeps sugars up and stops fat burning.
“But if you must, eat a small handful of nuts or a small piece of cheese.”
Cut back on starchy foods
Slimmers should look out for foods high in sugar, including those with hidden sugars.
The expert continued: “Completely cut back on cakes, sweets, biscuits, crisps, fruit juices and soft drinks.
“These foods rapidly turn into sugar in your blood causing sugar spikes and weight gain – they are like the tip of the iceberg.
Weight loss: High sugar foods should be avoided (Image: GETTY)
“You also need to watch out for hidden sugars, which lurk below the surface and sabotage weight loss, such as potatoes and white rice and bread.”
Have a good breakfast
Choosing a healthy breakfast can help dieters get their day off to a good start.
Dr Mosley warned against picking popular breakfast options as they could contain hidden sugars.
Weight loss: A low carb diet plan (Image: EXPRESS)
“Avoid most breakfast cereals. These are usually packed full of sugar,” he added.
“Oats are fine, as long as they are not the flavoured or instant sort.
“Also, avoid too many sweet tropical fruits including mango, pineapple, grapes, melon and bananas, as these are full of sugar.
“Instead, opt for berries, apples and pears. Try to have a maximum of two pieces of fruit a day and always eat the skin.”
- Weight loss: Dr Michael Mosley’s simple 5-min morning workout for burning fat
- Weight loss: Dr Michael Mosley’s six things to change right now to see better results
- Weight loss: Dr Michael Mosley shares easy breakfast you should be eating to slim down
- Best supplements for weight loss: Three supplements proven to help burn fat
- Michael Mosley: Low-carb diet is ‘effective for weight loss’ - what to eat and avoid
- Michael Mosley: Belly fat is ‘most important’ fat to target - lose it fast with ‘key’ tip
- Weight loss: Michael Mosley shares easy way to ‘significantly improve’ health and shed fat
- Weight loss: Woman shares incredible five stone transformation secret - ‘changed my life!’
- Jason Manford's brilliant weight loss tip sees Susanna Reid in hysterics
- ‘Avoid them!’ Michael Mosley warns ‘certain fruits hinder weight loss’
- Weight loss: Michael Mosley shares simple everyday exercises to burn fat
- Michael Mosley: ‘Reason’ you need to eat protein for weight loss - and how much to eat
- Weight loss: Man drops 4 stone in 12 weeks by cutting down on one thing 'Changed my life!'
- Weight loss: Michael Mosley shares best time to eat breakfast in the morning
- Weight loss: Michael Mosley shares how to stay fuller for longer - keep away from snacking
- Holly Willoughby weight loss: Star shares diet & exercise routine to maintain slim figure
- Man sheds 4st in incredible weight loss after joining 12 week programme
- Weight loss: Michael Mosley shares his golden rules to lose weight and keep it off
- Keto diet: How to follow the plan correctly to gain the ‘maximum benefits’ for weight loss
- Michael Mosley: Eat more of the ‘right foods’ to reach ideal weight & ‘stay there’ - plan
Weight loss: Dr Michael Mosley on top foods to avoid to burn fat - 'cut out completely' have 851 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.