EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Nigerian-America filmmaker, producer and activist Nneka Onuorah in all areas. Onuorah's projects focus on championing social justice across several mediums, including documentary features, series, live events, commercials, campaigns, and scripted features and series.
Most recently, it was announced that her project with HBO, The Legend of the Underground , will debut Tuesday, June 29 on HBO and available to stream on HBO Max. The feature documentary, which premiered at Tribeca Film Festival, is a timely look at the struggle against rampant discrimination in Nigeria today, as seen through the lens of several bold and charismatic, non-conformist youth who fight to live life out loud. Directed by Nneka Onuorah and Giselle Bailey, the film is executive produced by Mike Jackson, John Legend, Ty Stiklorius and Austyn Biggers of Get Lifted Film Co.
Onuorah is best known for her debut feature, The Same Difference , a documentary about internalized homophobia within the U.S. Black lesbian community. The film was nominated for a GLAAD award in the "Best Documentary" category and led to collaborations with Viceland ( My House ), Netflix ( First and Last ), Higher Ground ( The G Word ) and Lionsgate ( Black Equals Beauty ).
She will continue to be managed by Jordan Cerf at Mosaic and represented by Victoria Cook, Marcie Cleary and Jennifer Batista at Frankfurt Kurnit.
- How LA’s Underground Street Racing Scene And The Fast And The Furious Grew Up
- Harry Styles joins Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller 'in the running to play Elvis Presley in Baz Luhrmann biopic'... with Tom Hanks signed to play the iconic star's manager Colonel Tom Parker
- Pose Sweeps the Out100—and Adds Some Major Melanin To The List
- The Bitter Life Of A Shattered Jockey: A Mostly True Story
- Rick Rubin
- Colonel Rob, Legendary Advocate For Sleaze, Is Dead
- Defying Reality: The oncoming train of virtual reality adventure
- 2019 Young Futurists: For These 25 Game Changers, the Future Is Now
- Dive into the virtuosic thrillers of Brian De Palma
- Donal Logue on
- The Weirdest Things You Never Knew About The Making Of
- 9 of the Best Worst Horror Movies Ever Made
- How 100 Thieves became the Supreme of e-sports
- 24 hours of horror with a dozen of the genre’s freshest voices
- Neopets’ new mobile game won’t save it from extinction
- Walter Hill
- Univision Bosses Incompetent, Staffers Write
- Uniben Boy in Berlin
- Words with Lloyd Kaufman: Don't Call Troma Schlock. It's Art. And Also Trash.
- Slasher Fans Will Fall for Poser
UTA Signs ‘Legend Of The Underground’ Filmmaker Nneka Onuorah have 392 words, post on deadline.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.