EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Nigerian-America filmmaker, producer and activist Nneka Onuorah in all areas. Onuorah's projects focus on championing social justice across several mediums, including documentary features, series, live events, commercials, campaigns, and scripted features and series.
Most recently, it was announced that her project with HBO, The Legend of the Underground , will debut Tuesday, June 29 on HBO and available to stream on HBO Max. The feature documentary, which premiered at Tribeca Film Festival, is a timely look at the struggle against rampant discrimination in Nigeria today, as seen through the lens of several bold and charismatic, non-conformist youth who fight to live life out loud. Directed by Nneka Onuorah and Giselle Bailey, the film is executive produced by Mike Jackson, John Legend, Ty Stiklorius and Austyn Biggers of Get Lifted Film Co.
Onuorah is best known for her debut feature, The Same Difference , a documentary about internalized homophobia within the U.S. Black lesbian community. The film was nominated for a GLAAD award in the "Best Documentary" category and led to collaborations with Viceland ( My House ), Netflix ( First and Last ), Higher Ground ( The G Word ) and Lionsgate ( Black Equals Beauty ).
She will continue to be managed by Jordan Cerf at Mosaic and represented by Victoria Cook, Marcie Cleary and Jennifer Batista at Frankfurt Kurnit.
- ‘The Good Liar’ Director Bill Condon Praises ‘Legends’ Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen
- Kikkan Randall, cancer free and moved by running legend, tackles New York City Marathon
- Arrow's Marc Guggenheim Offers Rare, Signed Invasion! Crossover Scriptbook To Benefit Bill Mantlo
- Warriors’ top lawyer went from underground rap to high-level law
- Pulsar Boards Kike Maíllo’s ‘A Perfect Enemy’ Based on Amelie Nothomb’s Bestseller (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Euphoria,’ ‘Detective Pikachu’ Stars Cast in Amazon Thriller ‘The Voyeurs’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- In South Korea, a horrifically extreme thriller can be the box-office champion of the year
- The Joker, Maleficent, and a catty Hitler make the multiplex a rogues’ gallery this October
- DC's Harley Quinn Spin-Off Birds Of Prey Has A Release Date
- Rob Zombie Doubts We'll Ever See House of 1000 Corpses' Dr. Satan Again
- Holiday Gift Guide: music, movies, books, and more
- Man Of Tai Chi
- John Woo’s
- A legacy of San Francisco films that make our day
- Captain America leads the resistance in the locomotive end-times fable
- My Spooky Night At ‘The Shining’ Hotel
- Avengers: Endgame ends Marvel's decade reshaping Hollywood
- Cirque du Soleil, angling for a younger audience, bets big in Vegas on ‘R.U.N’
- Dr Dre at 50: NWA, bangers and beef – the moments that made a megastar
- Who makes art that feels like it was intended just for you?
UTA Signs ‘Legend Of The Underground’ Filmmaker Nneka Onuorah have 423 words, post on deadline.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.