Sony will be opening the Kendrick Brothers' new documentary Show Me the Father on Sept. 10, while the studio has dated a 10th anniversary re-release of the filmmakers' Courageous for Oct. 15. Show Me the Father explores the fatherhood of God.
"Everyone has a father story, but not everyone has learned how to redeem it for their own good and the good of others , " said executive producer Stephen Kendrick. "Even though fatherlessness is directly connected to so much brokenness in today's world, we wanted to go beyond traditional documentaries and show how God is the perfect Father and can amazingly provide the love and healing to anyone at any stage in life."
"In September 2011, Courageous was estimated to open at the box office with $1.5 million and it ended the weekend the #1 new movie, with $9.4 million in the first frame," said Rich Peluso, EVP/Head of Affirm Films. "We are thrilled to bring this incredible story to theaters with new footage, as well as bring to the big screen the Kendrick Brothers' first documentary."
"We're humbled and gratified that Courageous is continuing to make a global impact," said director Alex Kendrick. "The Lord has been graciously using this film all over the world for a decade and we can't wait to see how the film is received by a new generation of fathers and their families."
- Spider-Man 3 MCU release date, cast, plot, Sony deal for Tom Holland movies
- Pixar's Onward: Release date, plot, cast, character posters, trailers and everything else we know
- Scarface Remake Gets a Release Date and Coen Brothers Script
- Could The New Sony/Marvel Movie be Kraven The Hunter?
- Boris Johnson could SUSPEND European human rights laws to reverse automatic early release for terrorists as Labour's Shami Chakrabati and civil rights groups hint at legal challenge
- Woman, 32, who 'shot dead her rapist while he was trying to kill her brother' will face murder trial after judge refuses to accept her Stand Your Ground defense
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Please save our son': Desperate pleas of dying Brit father to wife while being choked in Thai hotel room by crazed Norwegian bodyguard - as he fought off killer by stabbing him in shoulder with a butter knife
- EXCLUSIVE: Killer of Brit father is seen enjoying his freedom just NINE DAYS after choking him to death in frenzied 4am Thai hotel attack over his opera singing
- Emma Bunton signs SOLO record deal and confirms she will release new album... amid her highly-anticipated reunion with the Spice Girls
- Blake Lively's Rhythm Section BOMBS at box office and 'may lose $30M'... as Will Smith and Martin Lawrence's Bad Boys For Life sets record high for franchise
- Michael Gove says convicted terrorists could be imprisoned INDEFINITELY as the government braces for a legal battle with human rights lawyers over plans to scrap automatic early release of violent offenders
- Michael Douglas Enjoyed ''Great'' Time With Father Kirk Douglas 2 Weeks Before Death
- Dumo Lulu-Briggs breaks silence on late father’s burial
- Man convicted of Paula Bohovesky's murder set to be released from prison
- Chuck Berry: Farewell to the Father of Rock
- The White Album Box Set: A Detailed Guide to the Most Significant Beatles Release in Decades
- Lou Diamond Phillips recalls Ritchie Valens’ sister breaking down on the set of ‘La Bamba’
- Superman and Lois Casts Jonathan Kent and His Brother Jordan
- Watch: Kartik Aaryan blushes as fans call Sara Ali Khan 'Bhabhi' during Love Aaj Kal promotions
- Shopper, 36, tells how she cheated death when Streatham jihadi Sudesh Amman stabbed her during his rampage – but BEFORE he’d take his knife out of its plastic packaging
Sony’s Affirm Sets Release Dates For Kendrick Brothers’ ‘Show Me The Father’ & ‘Courageous’ have 600 words, post on deadline.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.