Sony will be opening the Kendrick Brothers' new documentary Show Me the Father on Sept. 10, while the studio has dated a 10th anniversary re-release of the filmmakers' Courageous for Oct. 15. Show Me the Father explores the fatherhood of God.
"Everyone has a father story, but not everyone has learned how to redeem it for their own good and the good of others , " said executive producer Stephen Kendrick. "Even though fatherlessness is directly connected to so much brokenness in today's world, we wanted to go beyond traditional documentaries and show how God is the perfect Father and can amazingly provide the love and healing to anyone at any stage in life."
"In September 2011, Courageous was estimated to open at the box office with $1.5 million and it ended the weekend the #1 new movie, with $9.4 million in the first frame," said Rich Peluso, EVP/Head of Affirm Films. "We are thrilled to bring this incredible story to theaters with new footage, as well as bring to the big screen the Kendrick Brothers' first documentary."
"We're humbled and gratified that Courageous is continuing to make a global impact," said director Alex Kendrick. "The Lord has been graciously using this film all over the world for a decade and we can't wait to see how the film is received by a new generation of fathers and their families."
- 23 movies to be released in Vietnam in September
- Concerts in Phoenix in May 2018: Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Sugarland, Justin Timberlake
- Malawi: Gospel Duo Fortress Release Eagle Video
- Nigeria: Who Wins Big Brother Naija... Tobi, Miracle, Cee C, Nina or Alex?
- Date set for Clara Harris release
- Nigeria: The Real Looters List President Buhari, Lai Mohammed Should've Released
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett sets Houston concert date
- Wild Moccasins set 'Look Together' album release show at White Oak Music Hall
- Uganda: Cheptegei's Father Unhappy, Maj Seiko Cries
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie ever released, ranked from worst to best
- South Sudan: Armed Groups Release Over 500 Children
- Sudan: Dr. Faisal Affirms Keenness Over Strategic Partnership With Britain
- Pair of pigs from testing lab released by animal rights activists
- The Doting Father Who Robbed Armored Cars
- 'Anything could set him off, I woke up to being punched in the head and face'
- Indian 'Big Brother' using fingerprint identification system for food, benefits and bank accounts
- South Africa: NUM Rustenburg Region Welcomes the Release of Comrade Peterson Siyaya
- Albert Thompson finally given date to receive cancer treatment
- New Movies Encourage Solutions to Serious Issues
- Top Movies That Present Truth and Hope
Sony’s Affirm Sets Release Dates For Kendrick Brothers’ ‘Show Me The Father’ & ‘Courageous’ have 422 words, post on deadline.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.